Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Idle surge at stops when motor is warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle surge at stops when motor is warm

I have been having this problem that once my cars warmed up or has been driven for like 10-15 minutes and I stop at a stop sign my car will surge idle down like 100rpms from where it was than jump back up to normal idle. The car does not jerk or anything when the idle does this so I figure it is not a vacuum leak. Because when I had a vacuum leak and I was a stop sign it would jerk like it was trying to drive. Plus I have checked all hoses.

So i come to everyone asking for a diagnoses or ideas of things to check to solve my problem.

It doesnt affect my car on how it drive or anything it just happen when im at a complete stop and my car is warm.

Much appreciated,
    Bucky
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Clean your IACV

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I figured that was the culprit. But i tried deleting it, I had the plate and everything but once it was blocked off my car would turn on and shut right off. How do I fix that since there is a plug on it.
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

X2 on the iac puls there might be air in the cooling system

Comment

well i thought that to but ive bleed the system and everytime i re-check it theres no air.

so anyone know what to do to block off the iacv? i have the plate ready to go

Comment

When there's a sticky thread entitled "Click Here FIRST! All the info you need!"
            You might want to give it a shot. The answer to your question is the very first link in that thread. I swear... I've linked to this thread 3 times today ALONE! People need to read.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=48695

Comment

deev I knew about that ive read and searched ALOT. I have that valve deleted already. only reason I havent deleted the other one is because I cant figure out how to make the motor keep running after that plug is unplugged on the iac valve

I mean I geuss I can try putting that valve back on and try cleaning the iac valve.. But I have tried this before.. and I still end up with the same results.

Comment

FITV....

I had the same problem and i cleaned the iac REALLY good. Im talking carb clean, Q-tips, toothpicks..the whole 9-yards. Worked for me.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

alright.. i geuss ill take the IAC valve off and clean it really good again and clean the FIT valve and stick it back on again.

well ill give it a shot again lets hope it works this time.

ill let you know in about 2 hours if it worked

Comment

iacv
                    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

I have the same problem as you man (running a H22A). Only when the engine is warm and when i come to a stop sign it starts acting up. Right now i just use the brake and gas at the same time with the right foot, keeping the idle steady. I still have to do what greencb7inkc did (clean the hell out of the IACV).

I heard and read if this doesn't work (and in most cases it does not) that a new IACV is in store. Please let me know how you make out. I recommend reading some guides on this just to make sure.
                      Last edited by Raf99; 11-25-2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

ok..well i put the IACV back on and it idle horrible surging ALL THE TIME now.. so im gonna take it off and live with the little 100 rpm jump that i had when i had the IACV deleted

Comment

back to this thread again. it hasnt done it so much lately but it does occur every once in awhile. heres two things i have came to the conclusion that i should ask to see if that what it is.

bad gas could cause this maybe?
                          and my thermostat being shot?

Comment

any ideas?

could it be the gas i get? because i always get it from the same place

or

could it be my thermostat thats not good anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                              ok..well i put the IACV back on and it idle horrible surging ALL THE TIME now.. so im gonna take it off and live with the little 100 rpm jump that i had when i had the IACV deleted
                              if you take the plug sinsor off the back of your intake man thats closer to the passenger side and adjust your idlein screw you can get away with the ideing problem you will just have a check engine light on

life is as good as you make it. So forget what people say and do what makes you happy

Comment

Working...
                              X