Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

short shifter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short shifter question

hey guys i need some advice, i really want a short shifter but i have herd that they mess up the tranny, is this true? i was thinking about the neuspeed shortshifter. does anyone have this on there cb and if so, how has it worked out for you. im not sure if it matters but its forr the h22 tranny

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Its the driver that screws it. I had one in my old 92 didn't mess anything up
    Bought From
    Tommi
    RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

im not gonna lie i drive my car hard somtimes, and i race alot in the summer with all my finds and idk if i should put it in

Comment

If your having second thoughts don't do it
        Bought From
        Tommi
        RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

im not second thoughts i jus dont want to fuck up my tranny, i drove my boys integra yesterday and he had a short shifter and i liked it alot

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
            hey guys i need some advice, i really want a short shifter but i have herd that they mess up the tranny, is this true? i was thinking about the neuspeed shortshifter. does anyone have this on there cb and if so, how has it worked out for you. im not sure if it matters but its forr the h22 tranny
            try this, if you dont like it.. put it back to stock.. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=lowes+racing

93 cb7 ex coupe
            Granada Black Metallic

Comment

i have this short shifter installed on my car at the moment. i have to sday it is fantastic! it does rub on my center console when im in fifth or reverse. it is awesome and takes about 5 mins to install.the throw is about 25% less or so
              Originally posted by Quashish
              Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
              Quashish dictionary
              Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
              To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

I wonder if having a oem lude shifter is as short as a aftermarket shifter for a cb.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Eazy M 316 View Post
                  Its the driver that screws it. I had one in my old 92 didn't mess anything up
                  No, a short shifter puts the cables in a perpetual "partial shift" state. This does result in greater wear on your synchros. If you don't plan on having the car for all that long, then perhaps it'd be fine... it'd just end up being the next owner's problem.

Short shifters also tend to make shifting very notchy. I can shift faster with a smooth long throw than I did with a short shifter.

The Neuspeed adapter works well enough... though mine always came loose. Not good when your cable pops off on the highway as you're merging, and you're stuck in 2nd gear.

The $3 Home Depot DIY bracket is actually probably more effective. It's fastened more securely.

I currently have a modified OEM shifter that has been shortened AND had the cable mounting point relocated (as this is the ONLY thing that a short shifter does... simply moves where the cable attaches). I have it back to stock, and I prefer it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    No, a short shifter puts the cables in a perpetual "partial shift" state. This does result in greater wear on your synchros. If you don't plan on having the car for all that long, then perhaps it'd be fine... it'd just end up being the next owner's problem.

Short shifters also tend to make shifting very notchy. I can shift faster with a smooth long throw than I did with a short shifter.

The Neuspeed adapter works well enough... though mine always came loose. Not good when your cable pops off on the highway as you're merging, and you're stuck in 2nd gear.

The $3 Home Depot DIY bracket is actually probably more effective. It's fastened more securely.

I currently have a modified OEM shifter that has been shortened AND had the cable mounting point relocated (as this is the ONLY thing that a short shifter does... simply moves where the cable attaches). I have it back to stock, and I prefer it that way.

this makes sense to me, however is there any proof of this?

93 cb7 ex coupe
                    Granada Black Metallic

Comment

My transmission.

Look at the way our transmisions work. The cables more levers on the transmission, which manipulate the transmission internals to shift gears. When you shorten the throw, you're making it so the one cable is always partially moved toward a shift position... if that makes sense.

Like... normally, you shift from here |-----| to here
                      Shorten it, and you're doing this --|--|

You're not changing the internals... so you're just changing the distance that the cable and shift lever move.

Comment

My transmission.

Look at the way our transmisions work. The cables more levers on the transmission, which manipulate the transmission internals to shift gears. When you shorten the throw, you're making it so the one cable is always partially moved toward a shift position... if that makes sense.

Like... normally, you shift from here |-----| to here
                        Shorten it, and you're doing this --|--|

You're not changing the internals... so you're just changing the distance that the cable and shift lever move.
                        and again it makes sense, but.. if all ur oing is mving the cable higher on the lever, the pull or push of the cable has not changed.. only the difference in the length of the movement..

93 cb7 ex coupe
                        Granada Black Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Turbocutlass View Post
                          try this, if you dont like it.. put it back to stock.. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=lowes+racing
                          i just did this DIY and i must say its a great deal i would go with this over a differnt shifter
                          Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

I'll have to come back and explain how I'm picturing it in my head... when I'm not running on 3 hours sleep and 16 hours of work...

Comment

I'll have to come back and explain how I'm picturing it in my head... when I'm not running on 3 hours sleep and 16 hours of work...
                              ok.. get sum rest, cause im really intrested in this...

93 cb7 ex coupe
                              Granada Black Metallic

Comment

Working...
                              X