Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which O2 sensor do i want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which O2 sensor do i want?

I see they are different for Dx, Lx, and Ex. is this because of the position of the sensor on the header or the ecu or what? i have an ebay header and the sensor is at the base of only 2 of the cylinder downpipes rather than at the base of where all 4 come together like my cast iron header for my f22a1 engine. would this cause a problem? also, if i switch to the f22a6 ecu should i get the Ex O2 sensor? thanks!

also: the Ex sensor is cheaper than the Dx and Lx
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

bump
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

First, be sure you get a Denso or NGK/NTK o2 sensor. DO NOT GET BOSCH, or any cheapie brand.

The only difference should be the mounting location. The LX/DX had it mounted in one place, and the EX has it mounted in another. The wire length will vary. If your cheap header moved the sensor location from the F22A1 location to the F22A6 location, then get the F22A6 sensor. You do not need a different ECU.

Comment

thanks deev!
        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

you say you found an EX o2 sensor for cheaper? where? there all more expensive from what i've found. I just spliced mine to make it work. But the sensor itself didnt look to good, so Im on the lookout for some good prices.

Comment

autozone has them at a cheaper price. not sure y
            2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
            August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

right on man, thanks! The one place I forgot to check.

Comment

that o2 sensor is not the correct one. it says its 13.9 inches long. Thats about how long of a wire I spliced in to make my A1 o2 sensor work.

Comment

weird. i wouldn't think autozone to be wrong
                  2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                  August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

IDK, dont have an Ex to look at, but maybe the plug that comes off the wiring harness for the the o2 sensor is in a different place. Mine is underneath the spot where the top radiator hose mounts to the motor, I know theres a word for it, but having a brain fart atm.

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                      weird. i wouldn't think autozone to be wrong
                      NEVER trust Autozone to be right. They'll sell you a $60 sensor that won't work correctly in your car. Buy your sensor from Honda if you don't know exactly what you need to buy. HONDA won't be wrong. Autozone is most likely wrong than not. You don't need to know cars to work there...

Comment

DO NOT GET BOSCH
                        what's wrong with them? I bought one almost one year ago for...100$ - I don't think it was cheap! (Number 0 258 005 710)!! The price of NGK was about 150$

My first car my first ride
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=148674
                        My Polish Ride + Meetings pic
                        http://galeria.h3m.pl/main.php?g2_itemId=27303

Comment

NGK will run about $150. Bosch around here is often $65 or so.

Bosch sensors aren't wired correctly, and will give improper readings. They will foul quickly as well. There are ways to fix them, but you have to do some soldering.

Comment

The sensor wire for the ex is located behind the block, spliced in near the oil sensor and the tps cable
                            Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

I bought a denso o2 sensor for my EX today that cost mean a little more than $53 including tax. I found the company on ebay buit they are local so i went and picked it up on my lunch today....its really a denso. Their ebay seller name is onlinewholesaleparts and i think if u add dot com you get their website(ill check when i get in my car). Only use Denso, ngk or ntk o2 sensors, some get lucky with bosch but dont risk it. Buying from this seller with get u a denso for cheaper than a bosch.
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                              X