Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noise in engine around spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noise in engine around spark plugs

Hey guys lately ive been hearing a noise coming from my valve cover around the spark plugs. I checked the spark plugs and checked the wires. What else could it be. I am also getting some oil leaking around the valve cover and it smells like a drifting competition in which someone blew an engine after I stop the car. Anyone know what it could be>?

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

I don't know about the noise but, your valve cover gasket need to be changed.....change that and you will not have oil leaks around you valve cover gasket.....later.

Comment

Make sure your timing belt isn't getting oil on it... that'll make it snap real quick.

What sort of noise are your plugs making? I had a plug being pushed up out of the head, and it made a horrible knocking noise.

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
        I don't know about the noise but, your valve cover gasket need to be changed.....change that and you will not have oil leaks around you valve cover gasket.....later.
        I had a feeling I had to replace the head gasket. Thanks.

Rush

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Make sure your timing belt isn't getting oil on it... that'll make it snap real quick.

What sort of noise are your plugs making? I had a plug being pushed up out of the head, and it made a horrible knocking noise.
          It sounds like a ticking noise. Im not sure if its being pushen in and out, I tightened it correct and made sure it was in good.

Rush

Comment

Be sure not to over tighten. The aluminum of the head is fairly weak. That was my problem. I overtightened and damaged the threads.

It could be your valves. You might want to do a valve lash adjustment at the same time as the valve cover gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Be sure not to over tighten. The aluminum of the head is fairly weak. That was my problem. I overtightened and damaged the threads.

It could be your valves. You might want to do a valve lash adjustment at the same time as the valve cover gasket.
              I made sure I didnt overtighten them. I got NGK Plugs and it said do half a turn once it starts to feel tight. I did. But the problem didnt start til like a couple of weeks after

Rush

Comment

it could be your vaccum have to check that. also is your car burning oil?
                <a href="http://www.ilovebodykits.com">Body Kits</a>

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
                  I had a feeling I had to replace the head gasket. Thanks.
                  You mean valve cover gasket LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ch33.thao View Post
                    it could be your vaccum have to check that. also is your car burning oil?
                    Its not burning oil.

Rush

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                      You mean valve cover gasket LOL
                      lol..yeah..sorry bout that, I had just got up..

Rush

Comment

Working...
                      X