Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo h22 or supercharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo h22 or supercharge

does anyone know of any companies that make a turbo kit that works with the h22 and is a clean install while retaining all accesories. Or does anyone know if the jackson racing supercharger will fit in cb7 engine bay with h22? considering turbo h22 but want a clean install without all the clutter in the engine bay.

Both can be done. Supercharging will require custom fabrication and will likely be quite expensive. Deevergote is in the process of building a supercharged H22, and other than that I'm not familiar with anyone on the site having done it. It certainly would get you a lot of respect and would be quite rare.

The turbo option will be much easier, as many people have done it before so you can glean a lot more knowledge out of the forums. Look at some engine bay pics of people on here, there are some VERY clean F/H22 turbos on this site.

Comment

h22's don't do well on boost. everyone i've ever heard of that does it blows them up. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
        h22's don't do well on boost. everyone i've ever heard of that does it blows them up. later.
        That is probably because they over boost. you can turbo any motor as long as you build the motor for turbo and keep your boost under control. I've seen a few h22 turbos around and most have had good results but they are keeping the boost in the 10-15psi range. It's all in how you build and TUNE!!!!
        Click to see ride.↓↓

Comment

I've been looking for a supercharger system for the H series in our chassis for a long time. None of which I found will work.

Jackson supercharger will not clear the CB7 master cylinder. That is the same for the 9296 ludes.

Seems like turbo is the only way to go. Keeping a safe boost on stock internals is the only way the H motor will survive. If I bo boost, I will only be boosting a max of 7lbs on a stock block.

Comment

I've heard the Eaton M90 supercharger from the Thunderbirds will work. But, it'd require a lot of fab work

Comment

Originally posted by project93 View Post
              That is probably because they over boost. you can turbo any motor as long as you build the motor for turbo and keep your boost under control. I've seen a few h22 turbos around and most have had good results but they are keeping the boost in the 10-15psi range. It's all in how you build and TUNE!!!!
              part in bold is key. build.

i'm talking about boosted stock h22's. even low boost and tuned, they don't last. weak ring lands. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                I've heard the Eaton M90 supercharger from the Thunderbirds will work. But, it'd require a lot of fab work
                personally i don't think it would work that well since you'd have to run it upside down/backwards, drawing air in from the outlet side and out of the tb side. sure, it can and has been done, but it certainly isn't anywhere near the op's condition of keeping things "clutter free".

Comment

I'm not so much "building a supercharged H22" as much as I am bolting an M45 to my tired old motor to have some fun until it blows up... while I build my NA H22 on the side. It is going to require EXTENSIVE modification, as well as removal of AC and PS (both of which I have already done without for a long long time). There are no "kits" for our cars.

As for turbo "kits"... they don't exist either. Certainly not for the H22 swapped CB7. There were F22 kits at one point, but all the good ones are no longer made. The kits cost 3 times more than the cars they're going on... so you can imagine how well they sold.
                  There are lots of kits on ebay that can be modified to work... but I wouldn't trust those kits. The glued-together turbos can come apart and destroy your engine.

If you want to go turbo, build your own system. Learn along the way (books like Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, and Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima... while dated, and sometimes flawed, are a good start in learnig how to build a turbo setup)

The H22 isn't the best choice for forced induction, unless you plan on spending a lot of money. Boosting a stock-block H22 can be difficult, as it has fairly high compression (meaning your tune has to be spot on, and your components functioning properly... or you'll detonate easily), and the fragile cast aluminum pistons aren't ideal for handling boost. The FRM sleeves prevent you from running any aftermarket forged piston, other than the Mahle Gold Series... which, fortunately, isn't a bad piston. But that's really your only option. (I've heard that Cosworth and JUN also have FRM compatible pistons, but neither company responded to me when I emailed about it... neither of those are going to be cheap, either!) Resleeving costs about $1000, sometimes more.

If you don't already have the H22... I'd strongly suggest against it. The F22A is a MUCH better candidate for a low-boost stock-block turbo setup, if that's your plan. If you plan on a full build, then any motor will work just fine (though I'd STILL say the F22A... because the initial cost of the H22A will bump your overall price up by at least $1000... unless you get one dirt cheap)

Comment

I personally am a N/A guy but was considering doing something different this time around. thanks for all of the feedback. does anyone make a good set of cams for the h22 that are streetable and reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer450r View Post
                      I personally am a N/A guy but was considering doing something different this time around. thanks for all of the feedback. does anyone make a good set of cams for the h22 that are streetable and reliable?
                      Any "Stage 1" cam from a reputable manufacturer would be fine. Crower, Crane, Skunk2, and of course, our favorite around here... Bisimoto. Just don't trust a cheap cam. They may be made of inferior materials that could cause significant rocker arm wear, or even break.

Comment

Working...
                      X