Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cams and intake mani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cams and intake mani

I know, I know, SEARCH, well i suck at using the search button... LOL!

So I recently bought an f22a6 Cam and cam gear, also an f22a6 intake mani from Carcollectorkid on here.

I am going to be installing them on wednesday, but I was wondering what IMMEDIATE things will I notice when I start driving it again?

any input is appreciated

higher rpms....

Comment

and that you're going to need a way to control the butterflies in the a6 manifold...
      96 mx-6, needs work...
      91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
        higher rpms....
        Why would he notice higher RPMS? He's only changing the cam and IM, those have nothing to do with how high his engine revs.

You'll mostly notice a slightly louder noise from under the hood at higher speeds, and a touch more power in the upper range of the rpms. If you don't have the butterflies controlled, you'll notice a small loss of power in the low end.

Comment

you might feel the torque curve change a little bit in the rpm range, but you won't feel something amazing. you should get the ECU also. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            Why would he notice higher RPMS? He's only changing the cam and IM, those have nothing to do with how high his engine revs.

You'll mostly notice a slightly louder noise from under the hood at higher speeds, and a touch more power in the upper range of the rpms. If you don't have the butterflies controlled, you'll notice a small loss of power in the low end.
            with the a6 IM, my highway RPMs changed. with the a1, i was at about 29ooRPMs then once i put the a6 IM on i was at about 32-33ooRPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
              with the a6 IM, my highway RPMs changed. with the a1, i was at about 29ooRPMs then once i put the a6 IM on i was at about 32-33ooRPMs.
              The RPM of your engine at a certain speed is dependent on your transmission gearing. If your RPMs were higher, and your transmission wasn't changed, then you were just going faster.

Comment

Before you throw that on, you should clean the EGR ports and see if you can buy an H22/H23 upper plenum + throttle body. That will make an even bigger difference

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I am going to look into the h22/h23 upper plenum and throttle body

Comment

Working...
                  X