Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What Engine Mods f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Engine Mods f22a6

what engine mods would be best to start offf with list of help thanks im searched as well only see f22a1 n f22b so need that f22a6 loves thanks?
    what header
    what intake
    exhuast
    throttle body
    manifold
    ecu
    throttle body spacer?
    thanks
    Last edited by rezist09; 11-13-2009, 10:46 PM.
    1992 Accord Cb7:

The F22A6 is identical to the F22A1, aside from the camshaft, ECU, intake and exhaust manifolds, valve springs, and windage tray. All F22A1 upgrades apply to the F22A6 (most of the common F22A1 upgrades are to turn it into an F22A6!)

But, to run down your list:

what headers - you only have one header on an inline 4. Bisimoto makes the only truly worthwhile header. Nothing else will provide gains worth paying for... so you'll be getting it for looks only. The Bisimoto header is worth every penny in terms of looks AND performance, however.

what intake - Any intake will do... just put a good filter on it. AEM or K&N are the best options.

exhuast - Depends on what you want. 2.25"-2.50" is the range you want to look at. The Apexi World Sport 2 is one of the best sounding, and quietest.

throttle body
    manifold (intake manifold?) - Get the H23 intake manifold and throttle body.

ecu - until you're ready for a full ECU tune, stick with the ECU that you currently have. Tuning an ECU is complicated, and not necessary until you've added everything on this list... and more.

throttle body spacer? - a total waste. Don't even bother. You CAN get an intake plenum spacer from Blacktrax, though. They are shown to give nice gains.

Comment

ah thanks u my fellow cb7 saw that headers crap fix that will do?
      1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

wut?

Comment

shit man, id say just a tune up and jump to the bisimoto header.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The Bisimoto header will add more power than most other bolt-ons combined (actually, it WILL add more power...) The price ends up being cheaper, too.

Comment

i guess bis is the way to go
              1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Personally, here's what I do with my cars. I usually think long and hard about my goals for the car before I put ANYTHING on my car. I run through as many senarios as I can. Once I figure out what my ultimate goal is for the car, I stick to the plan and I SAVE SAVE SAVE. While I am saving, I will browse the Classifieds to see if I can find some deals on the parts I am expecting to buy. Once I get all the money together, I go on a spending-spree. That's the most fun part of the process.

I think the common trap most people fall into is piecing things together one at a time. I know the temptation is to put new parts on your car, but in the end, many times you end up with parts that don't work well together or you have nice parts but they aren't maximized to their fullest.

My advice would be to focus on things that the car needs right now. If your header is rusted and in need of replacing, put that first on the list. If it needs nothing, resist the temptation right now and save and plan.

I'm telling you. It can be a little frustrating, but once you save the money and buy the parts you planned on, it is SUCH a fun experience! Also, you get the satisfaction of knowing you are maximizing the parts you bought.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyD View Post
                  Personally, here's what I do with my cars. I usually think long and hard about my goals for the car before I put ANYTHING on my car. I run through as many senarios as I can. Once I figure out what my ultimate goal is for the car, I stick to the plan and I SAVE SAVE SAVE. While I am saving, I will browse the Classifieds to see if I can find some deals on the parts I am expecting to buy. Once I get all the money together, I go on a spending-spree. That's the most fun part of the process.

I think the common trap most people fall into is piecing things together one at a time. I know the temptation is to put new parts on your car, but in the end, many times you end up with parts that don't work well together or you have nice parts but they aren't maximized to their fullest.

My advice would be to focus on things that the car needs right now. If your header is rusted and in need of replacing, put that first on the list. If it needs nothing, resist the temptation right now and save and plan.

I'm telling you. It can be a little frustrating, but once you save the money and buy the parts you planned on, it is SUCH a fun experience! Also, you get the satisfaction of knowing you are maximizing the parts you bought.

Hope this helps!

I could not agree with you more on this.. its very hard not to buy things as u want them, but find the goal of what u are looking for and try to stick to it. u will be much happier in the end and will most likely spend less money as well.

93 cb7 ex coupe
                  Granada Black Metallic

Comment

wat else
                    1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

IF your really are looking for more power, a stage 1 or 2 camshaft regrind is what your are looking for.
                      Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
                      Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

Working...
                      X