Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

swiss box mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swiss box mod?

so do honda folks do the swiss box mod? (cut holes in the air box to fake a short ram intake) this should get the same results as a short ram tube with a cone filter... im just wondering if i show up with this in the honda world will other honda guys recognize whats going on? i like to keep a stock appearance under the hood btw... just wondering if other honda/ acura people are doing this...?

People do it. It lets it breathe a little better, but it does not give you the same results as an SRI with a cone though. If you choose to go this route, people will recognize it for what it is, but you will get a lot of negative comments about it. There's nothing stock looking about an airbox full of holes. You'd be better off removing the entire bottom half of the box and using black duct tape wrapped around the edges to hold the filter into the top half.

Comment

Originally posted by 253CBgasser View Post
      so do honda folks do the swiss box mod? (cut holes in the air box to fake a short ram intake) this should get the same results as a short ram tube with a cone filter... im just wondering if i show up with this in the honda world will other honda guys recognize whats going on? i like to keep a stock appearance under the hood btw... just wondering if other honda/ acura people are doing this...?
      is this your first honda?...

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
      People do it. It lets it breathe a little better, but it does not give you the same results as an SRI with a cone though. If you choose to go this route, people will recognize it for what it is, but you will get a lot of negative comments about it. There's nothing stock looking about an airbox full of holes. You'd be better off removing the entire bottom half of the box and using black duct tape wrapped around the edges to hold the filter into the top half.
      [off topic] hey visual is your son ready to take off in your cb7?...lol

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
      He's definitely trying. I can't leave the keys in it with him in the front seat. lol The two oldest ones are 16 and 17. They think they're going to get to drive my ride when they get licensed. I see them in the Caravan or a beater of their own.
      HAHAHAHAHAHA....thats nice to hear visual...

so hows the family?......by the way its me TurboAccordHSF.....

I Cannot log in to my member account, I can no longer recover my password my email was deleted....so shoot i decided to start a new one...lol

yeah basically this is my first real honda.. i had a 94 civic 4dr but i kept it stock and sold it after about a month... ive almost always drove a VW or BMW .. a few american cars here and there but im 21 and have driven/ owned 9 cars now... this one i hope to keep for a year atleast though...
      your going to love the Cb7....trust me on this one....

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
      I had a nice long answer...but I erased it.
      so why post?...
      Last edited by evil_demon_01; 11-14-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeganTunerF22A
        [off topic] hey visual is your son ready to take off in your cb7?...lol
        He's definitely trying. I can't leave the keys in it with him in the front seat. lol The two oldest ones are 16 and 17. They think they're going to get to drive my ride when they get licensed. I see them in the Caravan or a beater of their own.

Comment

I had a nice long answer...but I erased it.

Comment

yeah basically this is my first real honda.. i had a 94 civic 4dr but i kept it stock and sold it after about a month... ive almost always drove a VW or BMW .. a few american cars here and there but im 21 and have driven/ owned 9 cars now... this one i hope to keep for a year atleast though...

Comment

and really have you ever noticed holes on the under side of an air box? .... cause i cant see the bottom unless im under the car or have taken the top off... if you can you must be one of the X-MEN with X-RAY vision... really? you think swiss box looks modded?

Comment

and really have you ever noticed holes on the under side of an air box? .... cause i cant see the bottom unless im under the car or have taken the top off... if you can you must be one of the X-MEN with X-RAY vision... really? you think swiss box looks modded?
                most of the plp here will say its rice.....but man just get a Cone filteer and stick it right on the stock tubing of the intake.....its your own DIY SRI...

Comment

well a friend gave me a short ram tube with no filter but it wont mount up to anything... supposedly it went ton a 91 prelude... i like the swiss box cause when you lift the hood you don't notice anything.. but at the same time most of the SRI and CAI lower your HP unless you up your cam or mod else wise... at least thats what i found out with my VW's.... plus i live in the NW,, with rain CAI is a bad idea

Comment

well a friend gave me a short ram tube with no filter but it wont mount up to anything... supposedly it went ton a 91 prelude... i like the swiss box cause when you lift the hood you don't notice anything.. but at the same time most of the SRI and CAI lower your HP unless you up your cam or mod else wise... at least thats what i found out with my VW's.... plus i live in the NW,, with rain CAI is a bad idea
                    well then SRI is you best bet, and no it will not decrease hp....lol

Comment

Beleive me, you're not going to get anything except noise from punching those holes in your air box. Maybe a pony. You have a SRI tube, buy a coupler and a decent cone filter and install it. It's not like having a stock looking airbox with holes in it is going to give you a crazy surprising amount of power.

It's your ride. If you really want to swiss cheese it, go for it, but it's pointless. And if your SRI or CAI took HP away from your VW, you did something wrong. You might have lost a little torque in the low end. More air in and out is what makes power. Maybe you didn't reset the computer or MAP or MAF or whatever VW uses to sense air flow?

Comment

yeah but the SRI i have will just be hanging there not mounted to anything other than the throttle body .. and ill have to get a breather filter plus a cone filter just to make it work... i was thinking the swiss mod would work as well look stock..

Comment

actually the best thing to do if you are running stock intake is either cut the bottom out or what most do, just remove the entire box all together...leave the plastic fender well though, that will help keep dirt/water out...well...more out than if you took the plastic fender wells out.

but even better...remove everything from the intake box (the box that holds the filter...yes that means remove the filter...hold on I'm getting to that part) all out...then put a k&n cone filter on the end of the stock tubing. It's cheap and easy and breaths better than just removing/cutting the resonator box. Later you can buy an ebay $14 2.75-3" intake CAI or SRI tubing and trash the trash filter and use your good k&n filter with it...of course if you don't live in california

I've seen a couple guys on here do this...k&n on the stock tubing...not the best...but better than stock.
                          ____

Comment

in the VW world its all or nothing.. i didnt see any real gains until i spent $4k on a SC kit.. BBM twin scroll to be exact.. then all the little things mattered

Comment

The Honda world is much the same way. People act like it's cheap, because there are a ton of cheap shit products out there. However, you have to spend real money to make real power. A $100 header will get you 3hp. A $1000 header will get you 30hp (the Bisimoto header group buy just wrapped up... and that header does just that on a stock, untuned F22A1)

Cutting holes in the airbox won't do much more than make noise. You might gain a little power, but really not enough to justify doing it. Your best bet would be a K&N drop in filter for increased flow. Maybe remove the resonator box from the fenderwell.

Originally posted by MeganTunerF22A
                              HAHAHAHAHAHA....thats nice to hear visual...

so hows the family?......by the way its me TurboAccordHSF.....

I Cannot log in to my member account, I can no longer recover my password my email was deleted....so shoot i decided to start a new one...lol
                              Or you could have emailed me to fix it for you... now you're breaking the rules with 2 accounts. Had I not seen this explanation, I'd have simply IP banned you for having multiple accounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X