Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bolt on hp... did you notice the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bolt on hp... did you notice the difference?

so this question goes out to everyone who has done a bolt on upgrade for more HP.. what have you done that gave you noticeable HP? if not one bolt on or two which one gave you the most noticeable horsepower? and what do you suggest for a former VW now Honda guy to do?

btw i have a healthy 93 lx accord bone stock

Originally posted by 253CBgasser View Post
    so this question goes out to everyone who has done a bolt on upgrade for more HP.. what have you done that gave you noticeable HP? if not one bolt on or two which one gave you the most noticeable horsepower? and what do you suggest for a former VW now Honda guy to do?

btw i have a healthy 93 lx accord bone stock
    the famous Intake is the best first mod for our cb's.....

i currently have 138hp 118tq

with Megan Header, Megan Cat-Back+Test pipe, Spectre Cold Air Intake, A6 Intake manifold with butterlflies removed AEM cam gear, running a pt6 ECU, Ngk plugs and wires, i just ordered my camshaft, I'm just waiting on a good ECU tune!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

Start looking here.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        perfect thread to start with

for the most noticeable mod ive done was the a6 intake manifold with my cat-back exhaust. i felt how easy the car accelerated with the exhaust. felt like the motor could breathe easier. then with the a6 intake manifold, once it hit around about 3500rpms and the IABs open up, you could feel the car start to pull harder. felt nice man.

Comment

It depends what you bolt on.

A short ram intake with a cheap filter, cheap header, and $100 exhaust system may not feel all that much different, other than being obnoxiously loud.

A short ram with an AEM or K&N intake, a Bisimoto header, and a quality 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust will definitely be felt. The header alone makes 27whp with a stock intake and exhaust, so with upgrades in that area as well, you may very well get nearly 40whp. You WILL feel 40whp.

Comment

I would imagine a cam (more aggressive than the a6 that is) would also give noticeable gains.
            ____

Comment

Definitely. Especially after an ECU tune.

Some people don't consider a cam a "bolt on" though. It is... but it's more involved than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by MeganTunerF22A View Post
                the famous Intake is the best first mod for our cb's.....

i currently have 138hp 118tq

with Megan Header, Megan Cat-Back+Test pipe, Spectre Cold Air Intake, A6 Intake manifold with butterlflies removed AEM cam gear, running a pt6 ECU, Ngk plugs and wires, i just ordered my camshaft, I'm just waiting on a good ECU tune!
                Those torque numbers are really low. I dyno'd my F22A4 at 123whp and 131wtq with an H23 IM, A6 cam, PT6, stock intake tube w/ cone and a 2.25" catback.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

like everyone else said, go intake first, then exhaust w/header. i have a short ram with pacesetter header and a 262 cam. waiting on ecu but a very noticable difference with the few mods i have. i have an automatic and it likes to scratch when it shifts to 2nd.

Comment

I noticed a lot more from an H23 plenum/68mm TB/SRI than I did from an 2.25" eBay no-name exhaust/header combo (not installed at the same time as the intake, different car). The 2.25" exhaust killed my low-end torque but opened things up a little bit at higher RPMs. The H23 Plenum/68mm/SRI makes the car seem noticably torquier through the whole curve. I have the A6 engine so already had the dual runners, and I still noticed an improvement.

Comment

Putting on an intake, no.
                      Putting on a skunk2 intake manifold and TB, yes.
                      Putting on a header with a 2.5" collector, yes.
                      Putting on type s camshafts, yes.
                      Putting on exhaust to a stock header, no.
                      Putting on exhaust to a header with 2.5" collector, yes.
                      Getting a tune, yes.
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        Those torque numbers are really low. I dyno'd my F22A4 at 123whp and 131wtq with an H23 IM, A6 cam, PT6, stock intake tube w/ cone and a 2.25" catback.
                        yup, my tq is a lil low I can't figure it out at all?.....

I have a spacer and AEM cam gear not installed...I'm looking for the right tune and Camshaft......

I'm going to go ahead and clean all my valves and my whole IM and polish it,.....thats want thing i hate my A6 is slower than i thought...

Originally posted by deevergote
                        .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          his tq is low mostly because of the test pipe i gurantee.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                            his tq is low mostly because of the test pipe i gurantee.
                            my test pipe is fine, too much back press?.......the test pipe is a Megan sraight through....

oh by the way MegantunerF22A is me(long story big mess).....lol.....so we're talking about TurboaccordHSF

Originally posted by deevergote
                            .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

u loose tq w/o a cat but gain hp. its a fact. but u whooped ur bros nissan haha
                              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                              X