Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cut springs or ebay lowering springs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, not at all. In that time, you may lose control of your car and do more damage and you'd care to fix.

Just save for the good stuff (Skunk2's suspension isn't all that great... I'd suggest Gruond Control if you want coilover sleeves... they're priced about the same, if not cheaper)

4x4 is better than looking like a moron bouncing all over the place... and it's MUCH better than losing control of your car when you can't turn or brake properly because your tires won't stay planted to the ground. Have you ever driven next to a car with a shitty suspension? The tires actually leave the ground over normal highway bumps, like expansion joints. If someone cuts you off when you're driving a car like that, there's no way in hell you're going to be able to stop.

Comment

I wouldn't cut the springs. Do as the other members are suggesting. Its a better and safe way.

Comment

You can get some fairly decent coil-over kits for like $450.. why put yourself in danger and a pain in the ass job, when you can just save up for a little while and do it right

Comment

nething is better than cutting your springs. ricers do that
          Need CB7/H22/Turbo parts? i got them..check thread

Comment

Originally posted by LeosCB7h22 View Post
            nething is better than cutting your springs. ricers do that
            Yes, we get it. That has been said over and over and over again. It has even been said with real words!

Comment

Who has ebay coils?? Does anyone have a ebay set up that rides half-way descent??...Probally not..
              90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

Ebay doesn't make anything... therefore, "ebay coils" could vary considerably.

However, most of them are a generic spring rate, and they are quite stiff. They are also not made very well, and will sag inconsistently in a very short period of time. On the coilover sleeves, they are known to come loose, break, or rust solid.

Since your life rides on your suspension, I would NEVER suggest going cheap. Anyone who has ever lost control of their vehicle knows exactly how fast it happens... complete control one second, and NO control the next.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Ebay doesn't make anything... therefore, "ebay coils" could vary considerably.

However, most of them are a generic spring rate, and they are quite stiff. They are also not made very well, and will sag inconsistently in a very short period of time. On the coilover sleeves, they are known to come loose, break, or rust solid.

Since your life rides on your suspension, I would NEVER suggest going cheap. Anyone who has ever lost control of their vehicle knows exactly how fast it happens... complete control one second, and NO control the next.
                  Right, I was wondering how they can sell crap springs that kill people, and say that they will make your car perform betterI guess when it comes down to it, they pump out these springs, all the same material, and spring rate, and just make them different lengths, and widths to fit all hondas. My buddy had flea-bays on his 92 civic and it rode alrightBut then i rode in a 2003 accord and it was bouncey as hell!! Felt like he had the same springs as the civic in his 3000lbs accord!! As for rotting out and springs breaking...yea i'd ride 4x4 anyday till i had the funds
                  90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

i have a 300 dollar parir of skunk 2 struts and don't even get to use them yet because i don't have the money to get the rest yet,, (ran into a few problemss new alt. and raditor and a red light ticket among other things.... lol)
                    any ways don't do shit intill u have all the proper parts to do something.
                    as a great man once said BROKEN CARS GO SLOW DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Jay1 View Post
                      Right, I was wondering how they can sell crap springs that kill people, and say that they will make your car perform better
                      It is really easy. They get ahold of some springs (maybe ship 'em from Thailand or Malaysia), and then put them on eBay. In the description, they say that the springs will make your car perform better. In the same way that an ebay header gets you 50+ WHP (you may well lose power depending on how shitty the design/construction is), bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and an aftermarket fuel rail make your car faster, or that a "power" chip makes your car better.

Comment

Save your money and get the "Function and Form type 2" it will cost you about $800, but it worth the money, thats what I will be getting this comming winter. It feels like if you were riding on a rolls royce while cruising, but when going to the track or racing, it feels like a Formula 1 car.

Trust me bro, go for fuction and form type 2 or just get tein basics....its up to you....later
                        Last edited by pedroalcala; 11-15-2009, 03:42 AM.

Comment

NEVER CUT YOUR SPRINGS. If you are idiotic enough to do that, might as well just take the entire spring off.

Comment

Originally posted by 253CBgasser View Post
                            what is safer or a better way to go in everyones opinion? cut springs or $60- $70 ebay lowering springs? i have some ebay springs that i could buy from my cousin (he bought but never used them. they are -2.5") or i could just cut my stock ones..

i know i really should just wait until i have the money for proper suspension but i have no patience.. and i know im not alone out there.. so opinions please?
                            neither are a good idea, if you want your car to be lowered, spend $60 and put some sand bags in the trunk and some lead or something in your doors. otherwise save up $100 and buy megan lowering springs

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by mx5_guy View Post
                              NEVER CUT YOUR SPRINGS. If you are idiotic enough to do that, might as well just take the entire spring off.
                              Damn, why is everybody always hatin on the chopped springs? Yall wasn't talkin that back in the mid to late 90's when damn near everybody was rollin on cut springs. Its just that there are so many alternatives out there now (coilovers, springs, etc) that there really is no reason to cut your springs, plus the safety factor of course. But yall takin it a bit too far with sayin you an idiot for doin it.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                                Damn, why is everybody always hatin on the chopped springs? Yall wasn't talkin that back in the mid to late 90's when damn near everybody was rollin on cut springs. Its just that there are so many alternatives out there now (coilovers, springs, etc) that there really is no reason to cut your springs, plus the safety factor of course. But yall takin it a bit too far with sayin you an idiot for doin it.
                                LAst time I checked, safety is nothing to play games with. Not only your safety, but everyone else around you.

Comment

Working...
                                X