Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cut springs or ebay lowering springs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cut springs or ebay lowering springs?

what is safer or a better way to go in everyones opinion? cut springs or $60- $70 ebay lowering springs? i have some ebay springs that i could buy from my cousin (he bought but never used them. they are -2.5") or i could just cut my stock ones..

i know i really should just wait until i have the money for proper suspension but i have no patience.. and i know im not alone out there.. so opinions please?

Originally posted by 253CBgasser View Post
    what is safer or a better way to go in everyones opinion? cut springs or $60- $70 ebay lowering springs? i have some ebay springs that i could buy from my cousin (he bought but never used them. they are -2.5") or i could just cut my stock ones..

i know i really should just wait until i have the money for proper suspension but i have no patience.. and i know im not alone out there.. so opinions please?
    never! cut your stock springs!...its not safe! you'll be all the way home if your shocks fail!....

get a coil kit with springs!...

but cutting YOUR stock SPRINGS is a bad idea!...its like

drilling holes on your front break disc!!!...

Comment

Neither

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

i know its bouncy to cut your stock springs but i was just asking if the ebay springs are really a better option.. i rode cut springs on my 79 rabbit w/ 13's and low pros > it was bouncy but ok otherwise.. ive never used ebay parts before.. just wondering if they are legit and worthwhile

Comment

i know its bouncy to cut your stock springs but i was just asking if the ebay springs are really a better option.. i rode cut springs on my 79 rabbit w/ 13's and low pros > it was bouncy but ok otherwise.. ive never used ebay parts before.. just wondering if they are legit and worthwhile
          You're saying you wanted a 2-2.5 drop? Get tein basics.

93 'til infinity

Comment

whats the cost one those?

Comment

whats the cost one those?
              ebay springs on stock shocks will blow too...lol

Tien FTW.....its worth every penny!

Comment

It's a full coilover kit. Shocks and srings made for each other. I say around 700. If you are not willing to pay that much I suggest Eibach Sportlines, or even H&R race springs.

I will not say this again, your suspension matters. Do not go cheap on them.

93 'til infinity

Comment

ok so then what about some skunk2 coilovers? ill ride like a 4X4 for the next month or two while i get the $500- $600 together.. are they any good?

id rather do coilovers anyway. i had H&R coils on my MK4 GTI and loved them but this honda project is my budget project.. income is an issue this time and i need to cut the available corners... hens the ebay questions..

and the $50 for my cousins springs.. will my shocks last a month or two while i save for the coils? or should i just 4X4 it till then?

Comment

Everybody is going to say just save and buy the good stuff. I say do what you want. Ive rode on cut springs and ebay springs and it is what it is. If you got the extra $50 and you really want to be lowered, do the ebays. Cutting is kinda a pain.

Comment

ok... soo as i figured ill prolly do the ebaqy springs and save for like skunk2's or something similar

Comment

Don't modify your suspension until you can do it right. It's not a matter of being bouncy... it's a matter of being dangerous!

It sounds like you have no intention of replacing your shocks when you lower the car... again, extremely stupid.

If you want to go cheap, find some used H&R or Neuspeed springs (there are other good brands... these are just my favorite) and some brand new KYB GR2 shocks. The GR2s are stock replacement, but they'll be a hell of a lot better than your 18 year old shocks.

If you're limited on cash, either save up a little longer, or modify something else. The suspension is the dumbest thing to cheap out on. Your life is riding on that! (I've been around here long enough to see my members learn this the hard way... some of them ended up on their roof... thankfully, all have walked away, so far)

Comment

Originally posted by ghettoryde View Post
                          Everybody is going to say just save and buy the good stuff. I say do what you want. Ive rode on cut springs and ebay springs and it is what it is. If you got the extra $50 and you really want to be lowered, do the ebays. Cutting is kinda a pain.
                          Yes, that's what the smart people say. The stupid people say "It hasn't killed me yet!"

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                            Neither
                            son of a...beat me to it

x2
                            ____

Comment

what im asking is if you guys think ebay springs and some cheap shocks are worthwhile ... i know i should save for something decent but right now im broke and dont want to 4X4... in a month or two i can get some skunk2's nut in the mean time is this idea worth it?

Comment

Working...
                              X