Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

will i rub with 17" wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will i rub with 17" wheels?

my buddy has some 17's he wants to sell me but im worried ill rub especially if i lower my car> i want to atleast go 2-2.5" lower then stock.. will these wheels fit or should i stick with my 14" steelies for now?

btw he only wants $150 for the wheels and theres only 1500 miles on new tires. and they are "drag" wheels. i klnow its a good deal but im wondering if they are good for MY car

thanks guys

1st post ftw

vwvortex is over

first, how big are the tires...

Comment

that i dont know.. i know they are low pros... he said he thinks they are 45x17 but they are in storage so he doesnt know that for sure.. nor does he remeber the first size number..

Comment

they came off his 95 civic at stock height

Comment

They will super rub. jk

NO, they shouldnt. Please make sure that the wheels have a 4x114 bolt pattern.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

ok cool guys thanks soo much for the quick reply!!! ill post pics when im done.. and here is my suspension post about what i was thinking about doing to lower my car...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2299750

opinions are needed and much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by 253CBgasser View Post
              ok cool guys thanks soo much for the quick reply!!! ill post pics when im done.. and here is my suspension post about what i was thinking about doing to lower my car...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2299750

opinions are needed and much appreciated
              Neither. You get what you pay for. Never cut springs. They are engineered that way for a reason. Trust me I had APC coilovers for a day, HATED THEM! And that's not even ebay brand.

Pay for legit stuff. Suspension is important. Don't let you be the guy driving in front of me that I'm laughing at because your head bobbles to the littlest bump on the road.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

You're saving on the wheels... put money into your suspension.

Depending on the tire width, you may rub. I had a set of 205/40/17s, and I would rub on sharp turns with a 2" drop. Don't crank the wheel all the way, and you should be ok. Just be sure you're clearing your fenders. Have a fat kid sit on your hood.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Depending on the tire width, you may rub. I had a set of 205/40/17s, and I would rub on sharp turns with a 2" drop. Don't crank the wheel all the way, and you should be ok. Just be sure you're clearing your fenders. Have a fat kid sit on your hood.
                  hahaha will doo ...

Comment

Yea you should really check into the rims to make sure they use a 4x114.3 bolt pattern because i know a lot of civics use 4x100 which won't fit on a cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by awolanin21 View Post
                      Yea you should really check into the rims to make sure they use a 4x114.3 bolt pattern because i know a lot of civics use 4x100 which won't fit on a cb7.
                      Good point. I assumed that they were universal... but this is a VW guy, so he may not know any better yet!

Yes, Civics don't have the same bolt pattern as our cars. Unless these rims are 4x100 AND 4x114.3 (as many aftermarket 4 lug rims are) then you won't be able to use them.

Even if they don't fit, I say pick em up, throw em on craigslist, and sell for a profit.

Comment

Yea you could easily make a nice profit on those selling them on craigslist....

Comment

just got them on today.. they are a 40 series tire and there is no rub what so ever.. i actually have about a 4 inch fender gap to take care of now.. :/ ..

Comment

ill post pictures tomorrow morning... maybe later tonight if i get around to taking some pic's

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

hey i was planning on getting some new rims and tires

i was wanting to get 225/45/17 with about a 1.5 2.0 inch drop do u think that it will be a prob???

Comment

Working...
                              X