Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

droppin transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

droppin transmission

like it says i havent dropped a transmission for over a yer tryin to remember what all i need to do ??? any help would be great

all u need is a 17mm socket wrench
    Last edited by 92accordkidd; 11-09-2009, 05:07 AM.

Comment

wats a transmission stand?

Comment

Originally posted by 1lov3mycb7 View Post
        wats a transmission stand?
        it's like having someone there holding up the tranny for you. Are you replacing a clutch or transmission?
        4 door pimpin'

Comment

nothing very funky at all.

be safe ,jackstands.....

i used a floor jack for the trans but a proper jack is the way.
          watch out for the powersteering regulator/speed sensor. do it as soon as you can after air intake is removed... and so on. tuck it out of the way, do this from the top.

watch your wiring and the speed sensors on the right wheel side of the trans. disregard if your a standard.
          96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

replacin clutch and so on fork throwout bearing all that good stuff lol and yeah i was wondering wat all i would need i no they r a pain in the ass by urself

Comment

You need far more than a 17mm socket.

You'll need a 36mm for the axle nut.
              You'll need to unbolt the slave cylinder from the transmission housing.
              You'll need to disconnect the shifter cables, VSS, and reverse sensor.
              Pop the lower ball joints, remove the axles, lower the engine so the tranny will clear the fenderwell...

Just start doing it. If you've done it before, it'll come back to you. I did it 4-5 years ago, and I just did it again this summer. it came back to me, and my memory sucks.

Comment

i had to drop one at the PnP just to get the flywheel bolts otherwise Honda was going to rape me in the butt for those. I'll tell you it was certainly a learning experience.

Then i dropped my automatic by myself in the garage, that was funny as hell because it just went "KA-CHUNK" as it hit the ground, then using the shifter cables, i dragged it out from underneath.

word of advice, keep your limbs clear of a tranmission dropping out of a car. That sucker will definitly break something if not smash it good.

Comment

if ur changing the clutch u will need a 12point 10 mm socket.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                    if ur changing the clutch u will need a 12point 10 mm socket.
                    Correction, 12pt 17mm socket for flywheel bolts.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

12pt 10mm is for the pressure plate bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        12pt 10mm is for the pressure plate bolts.
                        that is y i said the clutch.i didnt see that he was changing fly wheel to.srry guys.
                        srry deev meant to quote foamypirate.

my new turbo build

Comment

thanks guys im hoping i jus prepped everythin up today im hopin i can drop it and replace everything 2morrow

Comment

it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to get a repair manual. they're about $16 or so and they walk you through step by step. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Safety first..

Comment

Working...
                              X