Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil Leaking Into Spark Plugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Leaking Into Spark Plugs...

Recently oil has been leaking into my spark plug chamber. Is it a bad thing and what can I do to fix this problem?

Originally posted by chiaxi2002 View Post
    Recently oil has been leaking into my spark plug chamber. Is it a bad thing and what can I do to fix this problem?
    common problem in our cbs, you can fix it by replacing th valve cover gasket, if it still continues, you will now need to replace the lower seals of the spark plugs(0 ring Seals)

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

There's 8 o-rings. 4 upper and 4 lower. You should be able to get those and a vlave cover gasket as a set for twenty dollars or so. Replacing that should make it "mo betta" lol.

Comment

most likely the lower tube seals beneath the rocker arms. If you don't know what rocker arms are, take it to a mechanic. Its kinda technical to fix this problem.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I have the same issue. When you say take it to a mechanic, Do you have any rough guestimate of a price for the repair??

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Probably around 2-3 hours of whatever they charge for labor plus parts if that helps any Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
              I have the same issue. When you say take it to a mechanic, Do you have any rough guestimate of a price for the repair??
              well back when i didn't know crap about cars, nov 2006, I took it to a import automotive shop and they charged 105 for a valve adjustment. So you're prob. looking at another 80 bucks or so since that valve adjustment doesn't even require removal of the rocker arms. And once you remove the rockerarms, you pretty much need to do a valve adjustment to make sure everything is still in spec.

I'd assume it takes about 2-3 hrs to do this job. At least that's what a shop will most likely charge you in labor rate and parts is extra of course (VCG, tube seals, upper tube seals) they'll prob. charge you for a kit.

I mean if you're good at following instructions, then get a Haynes and do it. The F22 isn't that difficult to do it on. I did mine myself, just go really slow. Then you could get away doing it for less than 30 bucks.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I did mine a little while ago and I didnt even own a CB until a few months ago, just get yourself a nice set of angled feeler gauges,an Inch/Pounds torque wrench,a rubber mallet (to whack the valve cover if its really stuck on there),a new gasket for the valve cover , 4 upper spark plug tube seals , 4 lower spark plug tube seal, a nice day full of patience, a Haynes manual , and your good to go I dunno , theres something weird bout the satisfaction of doing something yourself and knowing that it got done right. Plus if it happens again you know how to fix it , reather than forking your hard earned money over to a mechanic. Good luck with the fix

Comment

Search for the DIY on this, it's very popular.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i took my car to firestone one time and told them i got oil leakage in my spark plug chamber, they told i have to replace the lower tube seals, and also said they would charge me $3000.....i said f***k you man, you think i'm stupid and drove off, thats plain stupidity, IMO...i would be better off swapping a h22....

Comment

Damn $3000??!!
                      Kyle (f22turbo702) only charged me like 100 bucks, he had to take the rocker arms off, the plugs, wires, and replace all the gaskets...

I'll just buy a JDM engine or boost with $3000.......see that how they get you.

Comment

for 3 grand you can get a h22.

But the usual shop rate is about 75.00.

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                          I'll just buy a JDM engine or boost with $3000.......see that how they get you.
                          exactly!!

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                          for 3 grand you can get a h22.

But the usual shop rate is about 75.00.
                          thats what i said, they probably thought i had no idea, and i didn't know anything, just another idiot....so they thought

Comment

theres a great tutorial around here all you have to do is pull the valvecover and take the rocker assembly out you dont even have to touch the timing belt like mentioned on the tutorial here just get a torque wrench to put everything back correctly took me 2 hours to do by myself.
                            93 ex sedan
                            automatic

Comment

Working...
                            X