Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy for cb7 wire tuck in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diy for cb7 wire tuck in?

i was looking through the diy's to see if theres a thread on actual cb7 tuck in walk through
    but nothing

anybody has done it and has anything to help out?
    IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

There are no DIYs for a wire tuck. Extend the wires and hide them. That's all you need to know. Everyone that does it figures out their own way.

They also usually run into a host of problems...

Comment

Get ChaseBays.com to do it for ya! or hit him up a link and he might give you some pointers?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

Comment

chasebays.com?
        IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

Comment

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show....php?t=1970366
          Them bays are clean as fuck.

Comment

A clean bay is nice to see, but I'm more for function over looks. Maybe when I'm doing going the performance route I'll start looking into aesthetics.
            Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

this might help you get an idea on how to get started.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=wire+tuck

it seems every tuck is different and people usually like to put their own creativity into them. some cars are more tucked than others. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                this might help you get an idea on how to get started.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=wire+tuck

it seems every tuck is different and people usually like to put their own creativity into them. some cars are more tucked than others. later.
                TypeG, I'm surprised you don't have a tucked bay.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  X2 What Gives lol

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                    it's one of those things i plan on doing. i hope to plan it out well enough to know excatly what i'm getting into. it's important that the car be very reliable. last thing i want are electrical problems. i've seen so many people say their car won't start after doing a tuck. i don't want to be one of those guys. i won't have one of those all out tucks either, i still like power steering, a/c, CC, ect. later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      There are no DIYs for a wire tuck. Extend the wires and hide them. That's all you need to know. Everyone that does it figures out their own way.

They also usually run into a host of problems...
                      That's pretty much it. There's no real right or wrong way to run the wires. The only wires I ended up having to extend were the horn, fan, and a couple of the turn signal wires.

Some tips I can think of are:
                      1)When/if you extend wires make sure you solder them and use heatshrink.
                      2)When you run wires through a hole make sure you have plenty of wire loom on both sides of the hole, or rubber stripping to go around the hole, like a grommet. If not you run the risk of the wires moving around and shorting out.
                      3)Before you move any wires around label the connectors, so that male connector 'A' goes to female connector 'A'. Also if you are removing any connectors, such as the A/C sub-harness connector if you are/have deleted the a/c system, now is the time to do all of that.
                      4)Also make sure to label the fuel injectors connectors according to which cylinder they go to.

Originally posted by TypeG
                      it's one of those things i plan on doing. i hope to plan it out well enough to know excatly what i'm getting into. it's important that the car be very reliable. last thing i want are electrical problems. i've seen so many people say their car won't start after doing a tuck. i don't want to be one of those guys. i won't have one of those all out tucks either, i still like power steering, a/c, CC, ect. later.
                      I don't know why people are running into no start situations. I removed my entire engine, but did not have to extend any of the starting/charging harnesses. The only problem I ran into was a dumb mistake on my part when I got to excited and deloomed the injector harness before I labeled their order. The only electrical problem I ran into was on my EGR circuit, still don't know what's up with it.
                      Last edited by bluecb7; 11-03-2009, 02:12 AM.
                      Originally posted by 92dm
                      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                      VOUCHES
                      Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                        That's kind of what I figured, and understandable. I tucked my passenger side only and all my lighting was totally messed up just because I missed one ground lol.
                        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wire tucks are pimp! You just have to be patient and make sure you put everything back where it came from.

Comment

Working...
                          X