Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension question

what do u guys think of this suspention kit is it worth getting, n is it for a gud price

http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/hon...sion-kit/#1992

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

B&G is a well known company; although, like Tokico dampers, don't expect the dampers to last a very long time; apprx. 3 years

Koni, Bilstein are by far the best consumer level dampers you can find.
    DEVOTE

Comment

I've actually never heard of B&G in my life!

The description is pretty lame...

B&G S2K Suspension Kit Advantage

* Progressive Rate S2 Springs
      * Maintains Good Ride Quality
      * 4 Tuned Matched Shocks
      * Inproved Road Feel and Handling
      * ISO9002, QS14001 and TUV Certified
      * Full Manufacturer Warranty

There's no real specs there... just suggestions that they are "tuned and matched", and gives "good ride quality". If they can't tell me about the shocks, or give information about the spring rates... I'll pass.

The price is nice... but when it comes to suspension, you really do get what you pay for. I'd say save your money for quality springs (H&R or Neuspeed are my favorites) and quality shocks (Konis are amazing. Bilsteins are equally amazing, but not adjustable). I would also factor in a camber kit for the front at least (rear if you plan on going lower than 2"), and an alignment... that, or expect to replace your tires soon.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I've actually never heard of B&G in my life!

The description is pretty lame...

B&G S2K Suspension Kit Advantage

* Progressive Rate S2 Springs
        * Maintains Good Ride Quality
        * 4 Tuned Matched Shocks
        * Inproved Road Feel and Handling
        * ISO9002, QS14001 and TUV Certified
        * Full Manufacturer Warranty

There's no real specs there... just suggestions that they are "tuned and matched", and gives "good ride quality". If they can't tell me about the shocks, or give information about the spring rates... I'll pass.

The price is nice... but when it comes to suspension, you really do get what you pay for. I'd say save your money for quality springs (H&R or Neuspeed are my favorites) and quality shocks (Konis are amazing. Bilsteins are equally amazing, but not adjustable). I would also factor in a camber kit for the front at least (rear if you plan on going lower than 2"), and an alignment... that, or expect to replace your tires soon.
        i think it says like a drop of 1.6 do u think i would need a camber kit for that

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
          i think it says like a drop of 1.6 do u think i would need a camber kit for that
          You'll know for sure after you get an alignment.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            You'll know for sure after you get an alignment.
            is it a big drop or a gud enough drop

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
              is it a big drop or a gud enough drop
              1.6 drop isn't much. But, it'll be noticeable.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

1.6 is what most companies refer to as a "sport" drop. I had a drop like that, and I really liked the stance.

You should get a good front camber kit at the very least. You'll probably be able to get away without a rear kit. Don't get a cheap $50 camber kit... they can break, which can lead to a fatal accident (because they don't break when you're going 15mph... they break when you're going 70mph, or driving like a moron on curvy roads) I would invest in a TASauto adjustable upper control arm set. They are hands-down the best, and safest, kits you can buy. Not cheap... but this is your life we're talking about. If you want to go cheap, don't do it on your suspension.

Comment

1.6 is what most companies refer to as a "sport" drop. I had a drop like that, and I really liked the stance.

You should get a good front camber kit at the very least. You'll probably be able to get away without a rear kit. Don't get a cheap $50 camber kit... they can break, which can lead to a fatal accident (because they don't break when you're going 15mph... they break when you're going 70mph, or driving like a moron on curvy roads) I would invest in a TASauto adjustable upper control arm set. They are hands-down the best, and safest, kits you can buy. Not cheap... but this is your life we're talking about. If you want to go cheap, don't do it on your suspension.
                  iight man thanks does anyone have a picture of a cb7 wit a 1.6 drop

Comment

Not the best picture... but that's on H&R Sport springs and KYB AGX shocks. The tires are a 40 aspect ratio, though, so they're not as tall as they should be. That makes it seem like there's more wheel gap than there should be.

Comment

Not the best picture... but that's on H&R Sport springs and KYB AGX shocks. The tires are a 40 aspect ratio, though, so they're not as tall as they should be. That makes it seem like there's more wheel gap than there should be.

my rims are are sittin on 40s too so it look the same

Comment

im not sure how much to drop my car im sittin on 205/40/17 and i want them to sit a little b4 the wheel weld so how much is that

Comment

What weld?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking... or what you'd consider "a little b4"... as that's not exactly a precise measurement. I'm currently down a little over 2", and I'd say that's where I am.

Look through the Members Rides section and find a drop you like. See what they're running, and consider that. If it's cheap crap... reconsider.

Comment

Not the best picture... but that's on H&R Sport springs and KYB AGX shocks.
                            on my 91 Talon TSI I had Ground Control Coilovers (which are Eibach Springs) and KYB AGX struts, and I really liked that setup. Plus the struts are 4 way adjustable in the front and 8 way in the rear.

Comment

Ground Controls are good. AGXs are not made to be lowered any more than 1.5". Any more will void the warranty.

In the picture above, that's what I'm running. I have since switched to Koni Yellows, and the difference is night and day. I wouldn't touch AGXs with a 10 foot pole now. They're not bad... but the Konis make them look like garbage.

Comment

Working...
                              X