Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Horn Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn Upgrade

My horn sounds ***. Anybody know of any decent sounding horns we can throw on our rides to make em actually make someone move instaed of laugh.
    SwaggerJacker

I put a Wolo air horn in mine when my stock horn failed. If you watn stock sounding and tons of noise I'd go for an old chevy horn... those things are loud as hell.

Comment

i thought about a air horn but they seem like alot of work to install i'm just looking for a somewhat stock upgrade. i was looking at a 2006 impala horn im sure i could make work.
      SwaggerJacker

Comment

Maybe hella supertones or something. My friend just put them on his 3 and they sound pretty good and very loud too.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by project_x View Post
          i thought about a air horn but they seem like alot of work to install i'm just looking for a somewhat stock upgrade. i was looking at a 2006 impala horn im sure i could make work.
          The wolo I have is a self contained air horn, just run power wires to it and it works. I would recommend you get something different though, I have to spray it with WD40 every once and a while to keep the dual tones working.

Comment

where do you have it mounted?? it seems like all the newer horns actually look like a horn shape instead of just a disc.
            SwaggerJacker

Comment

where do you have it mounted?? it seems like all the newer horns actually look like a horn shape instead of just a disc.
              Well I haven't taken off my bumper to mount it properly so right now it's wedged between a coolant hose and my battery.

This is what it looks like:

Comment

now thats a serious looking horn lol i'm an excessive horn blower but not when i'm using the CB. i dont even think people can hear me LOLsounds like roadrunner LOL meep meep
                SwaggerJacker

Comment

now thats a serious looking horn lol i'm an excessive horn blower but not when i'm using the CB. i dont even think people can hear me LOLsounds like roadrunner LOL meep meep
                  lol dude im telling you get some Hella's, people will definately hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
                    lol dude im telling you get some Hella's, people will definately hear you.
                    Gotta a website for those. I was looking at ebay , someone has typeR horn set for 99cent starting bid and $12 shipping but they come from japan or somewhere far and says i might have to pay for customs charges they look alright and are 110db. they look pretty stylish too even tho you cant see them.my bumpers are off right now so now would be a good time to do em.
                    SwaggerJacker

Comment

Just google them and you'll find install threads, pics, all you need to know. I think they are 118db and the going rate it like $60+/- I think they have a nice sound, kinda like an older porsche 911 turbo if you get the the high tone ones. I think they sell high tone and low tone sets if Im not mistaken. Also they are disc shaped so easy to install, although I know they also sell that long airhorn style too but I dont know how those ones sound.

Comment

I'm sorta looking at using a real air horn, aka

That's a train horn, which would be awesome too, but a single horn would be fine.

Comes down to how cheaply I can do it. If I could re-valve an old fire extinguisher tank and a solenoid on the cheap... and then maybe find an air horn in the junkyard...

Even then, I'd have to see how many blares you could get off before a recharge of the air tank is necessary. I wouldn't be carrying an onboard compressor.

Comment

Hella Supertone

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Fords have good horns.

Any domestic, really. Just hit up a junkyard, grab a few and wire them up. See which ones you like best.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Chevy Venture
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X