Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seafoam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam?

I just seafoamed my CB,poured it into pcv hose,let it sit over nite.started it the next day it smoked so bad people told me I was on fire.But I took the spark plugs out to look at the top of the pistons and all the carbon was gone! Does this stuff work or am I just seeing things?
    I know....I'm gunna lower it

WTH!? You left it over night? Isn't it supposed to be left only for like 20 minutes?
    Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
    Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

You poured it into the PCV hose and let it sit?
      WTF...

You're supposed to let it get sucked into a vac line, run the engine until it stops smoking, then change the oil immediately. Letting it sit overnight could've caused damage.

Of course, I put it in my oil (another thing you can do) and drove it like 4500 miles. My engine showed no signs of damage whatsoever, and that's a REALLY bad thing to do! (My h22 has put up with more of my stupid shit and kept going... I'm amazed)

Comment

I might try seafoam.. Will it clean my EGR for me? lol
        -Will

Comment

No, it won't do that.

Comment

I did it almost 3 weeks ago and my engine runs like a champ,better then when I bought the car.No probs what so ever.Anybody have problems with seafoam?

Comment

It's highly corrosive... it can do some serious damage to seals and such... which can cause serious oil leaks. I was lucky. You may be as well.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                It's highly corrosive... it can do some serious damage to seals and such... which can cause serious oil leaks. I was lucky. You may be as well.
                I guess I was I'm not burning/leaking oil.

Comment

Keep an eye on things just to be safe, though.

Comment

seafoam is fantastic. but your only supposed to put it in your fuel tank, crankcase, and suck it thru the vacuum line. and then you need to drive till its out of the gas tank and then change the oil. otherwise, like Deev said before, it can damage your car.

edit: actually i think it says it on the bottle
                    Last edited by GenDBlade; 11-01-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Yea, and since I'am using "royal purple" after I use seafoam (today) I still have to waste $50 on oil which sucks, put seafoam is pretty much worth it (I hear). But good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X