Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering my 92 CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering my 92 CB7

I have a 92 coup that seriously needs some lowering. Coilovers are too expensive so I've opted to buy lowering springs and struts. H&R makes a nice set of springs for $265. They will lower my car 1.75 inches in the front and 1.5 inches in the back. I need some struts but I don't have enough money to spend $400 on Koni struts. Does anybody know of a good brand or shock/strut that would work well with the H&R springs. I am also looking into a pair of one piece projector headlights that come with a 8000K HID kit from 4 Car Options. If anyone knows if these suck or not I would appreciate the feedback. They come to about $380 with shipping and have a one year guarantee. They look nice in the picture. I am going to get the chrome/clear ones and the low beam light has a cool looking blue lens and they look like they will be easy to install.

Just about any shock will handle a 1.5" drop.

Projector 1-piece headlights suck. Their output is worse than OEM.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      Just about any shock will handle a 1.5" drop.

Projector 1-piece headlights suck. Their output is worse than OEM.
      and they will leak water.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

What about some AGX Fully Adjustables. I think that would work fine for you man. If you are willing to spend nearly $400 on some lights instead of getting your drop done all at once then I say you are trying to do to many projects all at once.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
        PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Yes, those projector headlights are extremely homosex. Please do not buy them.

Comment

If you want good headlights, get projectors from a TSX or S2000 and retrofit them into your CB's headlight housings. Then pick up a decent HID kit and harness to the battery, and you're in business. The results are worth the time and money.

As for the struts... If you have to go cheap, get KYB GR2s. However, it would be much smarter to save your milk money for a month or two and get the Koni Yellows. It's wintertime... you won't be able to enjoy the suspension fully this time of year anyway. Save your money, and come spring, get the good stuff. Seriously. H&R springs on Koni Yellows are an amazing combination.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              If you want good headlights, get projectors from a TSX or S2000 and retrofit them into your CB's headlight housings. Then pick up a decent HID kit and harness to the battery, and you're in business. The results are worth the time and money.

As for the struts... If you have to go cheap, get KYB GR2s. However, it would be much smarter to save your milk money for a month or two and get the Koni Yellows. It's wintertime... you won't be able to enjoy the suspension fully this time of year anyway. Save your money, and come spring, get the good stuff. Seriously. H&R springs on Koni Yellows are an amazing combination.
              are the koni yellows good for coil overs?

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                are the koni yellows good for coil overs?
                Ummmm, yeah.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Koni yellows are good for anything.

However, most coilover sleeves are garbage. If you want sleeves, get Ground Control.
                  Personally, I feel that a set of well-engineered springs are the best for an amateur tuner. The make proper use of anything adjustable, you need to know what you're doing, and be in a situation where you can properly test it... like on a track.

The Konis are adjustable... but I leave mine on full soft when driving on the street. On the drag strip, I turn them to full hard, which is scary on the street. That helps reduce squat. Other than that, I don't mess with them.

Comment

Koni yellows are good for anything.

However, most coilover sleeves are garbage. If you want sleeves, get Ground Control.
                    Personally, I feel that a set of well-engineered springs are the best for an amateur tuner. The make proper use of anything adjustable, you need to know what you're doing, and be in a situation where you can properly test it... like on a track.

The Konis are adjustable... but I leave mine on full soft when driving on the street. On the drag strip, I turn them to full hard, which is scary on the street. That helps reduce squat. Other than that, I don't mess with them.
                    so with the coils i should go a little hard like a mediuem setting for a dd?

my new turbo build

Comment

It makes no difference. I would stay at full soft for comfort and reliable handling. When you stiffen it up, you run the risk of losing control.

I drive for a living, and one day I lost my adjustment knob (after going to the track the night before). I was able to adjust the fronts using a couple keys... but the rears were too difficult to do it that way due to the angle. I worked with just the rears on full stiff, and it was terrifying.

Comment

It makes no difference. I would stay at full soft for comfort and reliable handling. When you stiffen it up, you run the risk of losing control.

I drive for a living, and one day I lost my adjustment knob (after going to the track the night before). I was able to adjust the fronts using a couple keys... but the rears were too difficult to do it that way due to the angle. I worked with just the rears on full stiff, and it was terrifying.

Damn. That's a recipe for breaking the rear end loose at any moment.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

so i should have soft for a dd and stiffin them up when i want to go race.is that what ur sayin?

my new turbo build

Comment

yes. riding around with stiff suspension is like riding in a red ryder wagon down a hill. you feel every bump

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                              so i should have soft for a dd and stiffin them up when i want to go race.is that what ur sayin?
                              Yes. And "when you want to go race" should be limited to a track.

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                              yes. riding around with stiff suspension is like riding in a red ryder wagon down a hill. you feel every bump
                              Not only do you feel it... but your wheels don't want to stay planted. The car feels like it has no give. Go over a bumpy patch, and you'll start sliding. I did that with just the rears on stiff. I went 3 miles with all 4 on stiff before I couldn't take it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X