Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car not starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car not starting?

thanks for every body's help i got the car working. it was the distributor the coil went bad and it was 180dagrees off.
    Last edited by drift878; 10-31-2009, 08:29 PM.

Im not sure what the problem is but you might want to add more detail before people get in here who might know how to help you.

Comment

..........You know what.....If I' am not mistaking, you have an exhaust leak(on the cat back), you loosing power because you got no back pressure, you loosing power cuz of that, you need to take it to your local muffler shop and get those exhaust leaks welded. later

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
        ..........You know what.....If I' am not mistaking, you have an exhaust leak(on the cat back), you loosing power because you got no back pressure, you loosing power cuz of that, you need to take it to your local muffler shop and get those exhaust leaks welded. later
        its a new catback bolt on there is no leaks any where i checked for them yesturday.

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post

Are you serious?
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post

Are you serious?
            .....yea im serious.......

To the OP if not then you did somthing wrong.....did you mess with the engine??

Comment

if you were messin around the fuel rail, make sure the fuel injectors are connected. check where the plugs connect to the distributor also.

Comment

Is the Check Engine Light on? Did you do anything else to the car between the last time you had it running and this time, beyond the installation of the catback? Even running with no catback should not make a good running engine flake out and run like its on 2 cyls.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
                  Is the Check Engine Light on? Did you do anything else to the car between the last time you had it running and this time, beyond the installation of the catback? Even running with no catback should not make a good running engine flake out and run like its on 2 cyls.
                  engine light is not on. no i have not messed with the car before i did this to the car. but the car is not starting at all.

Comment

What have you looked for so far? did you pull the dizzy cap and watch the rotor button while someone turned the engine over. Is it turning. If not.. timing belt/cam broke. Did you open the plug on the top of the fuel rail and have someone turn the key on briefly to see if the was fuel coming out, or best to put pressure gauge in. No fuel/pressure bad fuel pump, or fuse, or main relay I think. We dont know what exactly to suggest to you because we dont know what you have already checked. Is it even turning over?
                    My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accdpj View Post
                      What have you looked for so far? did you pull the dizzy cap and watch the rotor button while someone turned the engine over. Is it turning. If not.. timing belt/cam broke. Did you open the plug on the top of the fuel rail and have someone turn the key on briefly to see if the was fuel coming out, or best to put pressure gauge in. No fuel/pressure bad fuel pump, or fuse, or main relay I think. We dont know what exactly to suggest to you because we dont know what you have already checked. Is it even turning over?
                      i replace the following things before this happen to me i replaced main relay fuel pump put a use distributor on and thats it. do u guys think the distributor went on the car? the motor does turn over but does not turn on.

Comment

what about your o2 sensors? Are they damaged?
                        I know....I'm gunna lower it

Comment

maybe the used distibutor was bad

Comment

are you getting a click at all when turning the key? valve adjustment if the valve are far enough off will prevent the car from starting.

Comment

i am going to be working on my car today so i am going to see the things u guys are telling me but first thing i am going to do is put a new distributor. then see what happen from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X