Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I have Searched for HOURS...H23 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Searched for HOURS...H23 swap

I spent ALL yesterday like 4 full hours looking for the answers i was looking for about the h23 swap. not the h23 vtec swap just the h23. I found some really good threads but 1) i couldnt ask questions there because i didnt have enough post and 2) nobody gave a real direct answer. So instead of post whoring everyone elses thread with lol and looks good or go lower i decdided to make this one in the beginner section that way all the newbs like me can access it. So with all that being said and out of the way...

I have a spare H23 longblock with transmission that i want in my accord. 92-93 if it makes a difference. the H will becoming out of a 4th gen prelude. My questions are:

Which of the harnesses do i use? F22 or H23?
    Which ECU do i use?
    What parts from the accord can i use for the h23?
    Same axles?
    can i run aftermarket exhaust without being on the way of any crossmember bars?

I have heard that this is basically a direct drop in which is really nice, and i have also heard that the H23 swap is basically the same concept as the F22b swap (than again i have heard people argue that statement as well). Once i get all the answers i promise to you guys i will give you a writeup with an ungodly amount of pictures and description of how to do this swap.
    This site is MUCH better than most of the honda sites i have been on and a big reason why i have gone with the CB7. I am sure i ave forgotten a lot of information pertaining to the swap so if i have ask and i will do my best to asnwer. thanks
    John

F22AX Harness.
    Either the P14 (Wire in the Knock sensor if the P14 is used) or the PT3(use the single cam firing order if the PT3 is used)
    F22AX A/C and Alt. Brackets. H23 P/S Bracket/Pump/High pressure P/S line.
    Same Axles
    The H23 and F22AX use the same "Header" and exhaust.

Hope this helps. I've done the swap.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Wellcome to the forum....The Search Engine is your friend here!!

GL With your swap!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
      1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
      1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=81303

This seems to answer all your questions. Good luck with the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
          F22AX Harness.
          Either the P14 (Wire in the Knock sensor if the P14 is used) or the PT3(use the single cam firing order if the PT3 is used)
          F22AX A/C and Alt. Brackets. H23 P/S Bracket/Pump/High pressure P/S line.
          Same Axles
          The H23 and F22AX use the same "Header" and exhaust.

Hope this helps. I've done the swap.

-Jordan
          Thank you sir very much you have a PM as to not clutter my thread. also thanks to the other guys who have given me the stickies. I have seen those but in those i cant ask specific questions just yet. Awesome quick responses though i really do appreciate it.John

Comment

good luck on the swap

Comment

I wouldn't recommend running the Accord ECU (PT3 or PT6). It will run, but it won't be right. If you have access to the entire Prelude, definitely take the P14 ECU that runs the H23.

Comment

Yeah i was planning on running the P14 after all the research i have been doing. thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I wouldn't recommend running the Accord ECU (PT3 or PT6). It will run, but it won't be right. If you have access to the entire Prelude, definitely take the P14 ECU that runs the H23.
                  Why is that Deev?

MY accord was running just fine with the PT3 in it. All i had to do was use the single cam firing order with the plug wires.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

The H23 and F22 fuel maps are not the same. It will run, yes. I've been in a car with an H22A run by a PT3... doesn't mean it's right. The P14 is not difficult to find. There's no reason he should even consider running the H23 on an incorrect ECU.

Comment

if anything, my car ran rich. For the 2-3 months that i had my car, i never had a problem with leaning out or loading up with fuel. Just a little rich.

Honestly, if i ever did another H23 swap, I would more then likely run it on a PT3.

Never had a single problem with it.

It may not be the correct ECU or the correct fuel curve, but its not going to hurt it.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

well if the p14 is technically the correct ECU and its not any harder to find i might as well run that rigght? where am i going to find one and how exctensive is it to wire in the knock sensor....i heard that i can bypass that even if i want.

Comment

You can't bypass it if you run the P14... only a chipped ECU, or an ECU that doesn't look for it (like the PT3 or PT6). Wiring up a knock sensor isn't all that difficult. Check the DIY for the H22 swap in the sticky threads (swaps forum). The H22 requires a knock sensor as well, so the wiring directions should be just about the same.

Comment

good news i will check it out. i get my h23 saturday or sunday so im pretty stoked about all this

Comment

you can also get a chipped p06
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X