Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Smoking From middle console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking From middle console?

Started the car this morning, had heater running, smoke starts coming from middle console and middle dash after running for about 5mins, smelled like burnt wires, anyway now the heater doesn't work nor does the fan.
    Resistor, Harness, blower motor?
    Any ideas on what it could be?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say a short behind the dash? Hard to tell what it is over the internet. You'll have to pull pieces until you can find it.

Comment

Check the heater core, is there any fluids in the car?

Comment

when you say it doesn't work, do you mean it no longer blows air or no longer blows warm air?

blower motor may have went out. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

saying this because I had the same issue. wasn't smoke but freeon (sp) from the ac.
          "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

If it smells like burnt wires, it's prolly...you guessed it...burnt wires.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
            I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
              when you say it doesn't work, do you mean it no longer blows air or no longer blows warm air?

blower motor may have went out. later.
              No air at all, i figured the blower motor too, but somebody else said since it came from the middle and no smoke present near the heater assembly, could've been resistor.

Comment

like the blower resistor? (controls fan speed)

anything on the highest setting?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  like the blower resistor? (controls fan speed)

anything on the highest setting?
                  Nothing on high either.

Comment

I'm gonna take a guess and say something shorted in your blower motor. That's where I would start.

Comment

I'd start checking wires as soon as possible. If it smells like burnt wires, chances are there are burnt wires. I can't say for sure, but what it sounds may have happened was a short to ground occured, causing the electronics in the blower motor to blow and the smoke. If it were a resistor the blower motor would still work on high since there's 3 resistors that limit the current, low speed=all 3 resistors, medium low=2 resistors, medium high=1 resistor, high=no resistors (all resistors are bypassed).
                      Originally posted by 92dm
                      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                      VOUCHES
                      Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7 View Post
                        I'd start checking wires as soon as possible. If it smells like burnt wires, chances are there are burnt wires.
                        Thanks for the help guys, will start looking, guess i will have to get blower motor too correct?

Comment

Chancees are yes, but I would repair the section of wire and then check tp see if the motor still works.
                          Originally posted by 92dm
                          I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                          VOUCHES
                          Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Working...
                          X