Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motors

Well I just got rodknock went to the canyon and boom knocking .
    My q? Is where or what motor can I put in 4 cheep I found a stock f22
    For 800 buck but I can't aford that much and if I get a jsdm motor what can I do to keep it from Knockin iv done this to 2 f22s 1 with 90k and this 1 with 240k so is the
    F22 not good for canyons ¿

it wasnt the canyons that did it, make sure your oil levels are fine and the engine is healthy and it shouldnt be a problem. also dont over rev the f22 because it wasnt meant to be a race engine

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Well if I do race it what can I do to prevent knocking cuz I found 1 with 90k
      And thinging of geting it but a gen I like to go to the canyons a lot and do relly
      Like knocking

Comment

Your motor is probably knocking because it was poorly maintained. Knocking isn't a sign of "canyon driving"... it's a sign that it's about to break on you.

Figure out if it's a spark knock or a rod knock.

The F22A is actually a fantastic motor. There are F22As running around with 250-400whp NA... and plenty that have been boosted as well.

If you want to swap in something else, read the stickies in the Swaps section of this site.

And please... PLEASE... learn how to type clearly. You sound like a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Your motor is probably knocking because it was poorly maintained. Knocking isn't a sign of "canyon driving"... it's a sign that it's about to break on you.

Figure out if it's a spark knock or a rod knock.

The F22A is actually a fantastic motor. There are F22As running around with 250-400whp NA... and plenty that have been boosted as well.

If you want to swap in something else, read the stickies in the Swaps section of this site.

And please... PLEASE... learn how to type clearly. You sound like a moron.
          that last part is why i will never leave this community deev. i'll hopefully get some pics of my Si up in a couple weeks when i get all the little things taken care of

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Working...
          X