Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tiger japeneese auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiger japeneese auto?

has anyone bought a motor from these guys?

Their prices are great and i was just wondering if anyone has had any good/bad luck with them?

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Plenty of bad experiences. Just google reviews for them.

Another negative aspect: They're in Canada, meaning if you have an issue you'll have to deal with international shit.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

ok definately not doing that thanks

Comment

all companies have bad customer experiences. I ordered an H22 from them and have not had a problem in the past 20k miles.

PRcb7 ordered an H23 VTEC and it had a broken crank. they beat around the buch until he gave up.

someone else had an H23 VTEC from them that had a rod knock 2nd day. then sent him another one for nothing short of the shipping fees.

I would say if money is an issue,taake your chances. If not, check out Hmotors.... you pay a bit more but have more of a guarantee from a company with a better reputation.

Comment

hmotorsonline.com all the way. i think its steve there? good dude! very helpful.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            Plenty of bad experiences. Just google reviews for them.

Another negative aspect: They're in Canada, meaning if you have an issue you'll have to deal with international shit.
            come on josh now i have to say they were good as hell about the motor i got that had a broken distibutor and bad main bearing. sent me a new distributor and i paid customs fees and got a whole new motor and didnt have to ship the other back so i got 2 h23a3's for the price of one a nd some customs fee's. and both of these head very clean internal. And i have ran mine for over a year now no problems w/ it at all no smoking none of that non-sense

so extra head and h23 intake made up for the cost of customs easily
            h23a3 lxinks

Comment

not another one of these. They were great!

Comment

tiger is alright, but after i purchased a h22 from them earlier this year i would have to put some serious thought into buying another one from them. the motor had sludge build up all over the motor like the original owner never changed the oil. the vtec soleniod was broken off and the distributor cap was broken too. so like i said i would have to put some serious thought into it before i bought another motor from them.
                MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

I ordered 2 h22s fromthem and had no problems at all, and I just ordered a d15 from them less than two month ago and its runnin fine, im 3 for 3 so I guess im lucky.

Comment

They don't have the reputation of purposely sending out bad motors (like OsakaJDMmotors does), but there have been problems. The cheaper the motors are, the cheaper their sources are. All these motors are junkyard motors, and most likely have not been started to ensure that they're working properly. I'm not sure if tiger does a compression and leakdown test, but I know hmotorsonline does. Again, testing every motor costs money. Someone gets paid to do that!

The biggest issue with tiger is the fact that they're from Canada. If you're in the US, and you buy from a company that is based in another country... they could tell you that you're out of luck if you try to recover your money for a bad engine, and you can't do a damn thing about it. An international lawsuit would cost many times more than the cost of the broken motor.
                    They HAVE made good on broken items in the past, from what I've heard... but you only have their honor to go on. The law won't help you.

hmotors gets their motors from reliable, long-term sources (they've been in business a VERY long time... I got my H22 in 2003 from them) They test everything, and they are very concerned about their reputation. If you DO happen to have a problem, the company is located in California... and you are protected by US laws.

Comment

It's a hit or miss with TigerJap. I've been to their warehouse and it's just motors/parts/half cuts sitting everywhere. You pick which one you want or they "recommend" one to you. I bought a motor for my corolla from them and it was overheating constantly.

My buddy picked up a FD from them and it was a steal. The only thing was the usual scratches on the body panels (not many) and he needed a clutch shortly after. But it was more than worth it for the price.

They let you check out the motors/cars they sell so it's better if you are in Canada. I have a buddy who just picked up a RB26DETT from them and it's mint. Obviously we tested it prior to purchase; wouldn't take their word for it.

So it's hit and miss if you aren't checking out the motor yourself. Their customer service was pretty good though.

Comment

If you're capable of going yourself to pick up a motor, and you know what you're looking at, then just about any place can be good!

Their customer service is the only reason why I don't hate the company. Their motors are hit or miss, as you say, but they seem to be honorable when it comes to making things right.

Comment

ok so hmotors seems to be the best but also you pay steeper prices so for 650 bucks the motor from tiger may need a rebuild or i could get one for 1200 from hmotors...

im gonna have to put some serious thought into weather or not the money savings are worth the risk...

Thanks for all the feedback though guys it looks like at least most people have had alright luck..

Comment

i would have no problem buying from them again...and always recommend them.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Honestly, if it were me....I wouldnt take the risk.

Why buy something that could need a rebuild? Then your talking MORE time then it already took to receive it. On top of the time its gonna take to swap the motor.

Just pay the extra and get a guarentee. Havent you ever seen Tommy Boy!!!! Lol (kidding)

Im impatient though.

Plus I live by "You get what you pay for" in most aspects. So do what you feel is neccesary. But i think Hmotors is your better bet.

A nice car is a dime a dozen. It's the amount of respect you give your car that makes it a GREAT car...and it shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X