Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seized engine HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seized engine HELP!!!!

Okay I don't know why this happened,the timing belt on my 92 lx jumped(Maybe it was loose).I took the head off and all the valves are bent.My question is can I just replace the cylinder head? The pistons look okay...but I've yet to turn the engine.So should I look around for a cylinder head or a used engine.Any feedback would be great,Thanks
    I know....I'm gunna lower it

if the block is good and the piston i can jsut swap the head. this is the best time to do a swap

Comment

If the pistons aren't gouged, you should be fine. Get a new head, timing belt, water pump, and timing belt tensioner, and you should be good to go. Another engine would be less work, though.

Comment

I don't know if I want to do a swap.I rather just get a new head.F22 head flows better anyway.

Comment

Very true. And I can barely understand what sweet91accord said!

But yeah... the F22 head is great. If you're going to replace the head, then getting a P&P job on it may be something to consider. Open up the exhaust ports and the head really shines! I assume that since you know the pistons look good, you've already removed the old head? So you're halfway there, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            If the pistons aren't gouged, you should be fine. Get a new head, timing belt, water pump, and timing belt tensioner, and you should be good to go. Another engine would be less work, though.
            Cool,but I still didn't turn the engine.I really hope they aren't stuck along the clyinder walls like you said.How much would a used engine cost vs. a new head timing belt water pump etc..

Comment

also I took the starter out to check if it was okay and the gear was completely broken off.Does that mean my flywhell is damaged to because that would suck.
              Last edited by MIKEYZCB7; 10-25-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

It depends where you get the parts. I'd spend the money and get genuine Honda parts... www.hondaautomotiveparts.com has some of the best prices. www.tasauto.com also has what you'd need, and I'd trust them completely. New stuff would be better than a used engine and if you can do the work yourself, probably cost about the same. A used engine would be easier, as it'd just be a matter of dropping it in... but you run the risk of it being in poor condition.

As for your engine, it's not difficult to turn it by hand. Stick a ratchet on the crank pulley and give it a turn. If the cylinder walls aren't scored, then it should be alright. If the tops of the pistons are damaged, that could cause a hot spot, which could lead to damaging detonation in the future. If the pistons have any damage to the tops of them, I'd either replace them as well, or get another engine.

Comment

im working in my gramar i know in bad lol sorry

Comment

Type. Then read it. Read it out loud.

If you sound like a retard... retype it. Because that's how everyone else reads it, and that's all they have to judge your intelligence on. (yes, I ended a sentence with a preposition... sue me.)

Comment

no big deal lol

Comment

When people can't understand what you type, and accidentally break something on their car because they misinterpreted your advice... that can be a problem. I don't like when that happens... and this site is my responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEYZCB7 View Post
                          also I took the starter out to check if it was okay and the gear was completely broken off.Does that mean my flywhell is damaged to because that would suck.
                          what about my starter/flywhell?

Comment

get an h22swap?

Comment

i got my f22a from the local wredking yard for 325 and it has a 90 day warentee and 110k miles on it... its gonna be pricey for new valves and such.. id go with a used engine if you can get one reasonable... bending the valves is from the pistons hitting them and id be willing to bet the pistons arnt in great shape from smacking the valves... best bet for the flywheel is to just visually inspect it but that requires pulling the motor..

Click it.... You know you wanna
                              Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Working...
                              X