Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help with 1991 honda accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 1991 honda accord

Hi everyone, im trying to figure out why my 1991 wont start. Recently we had an accident and had to tow the car back home. It was working after the accident, the motor cranked etc..

Back home it still worked, and we started it and drove it off and parked it.

The next day, it would not crank over. I thought it was the batt, so i got a new one, and nothing.

I removed the starter, and took it to a mechanic, and he said it was fine. Now im ot sure what could be the next step. All the fuses are okay.

All the lights inside work, but the engine will not crank.

Any ideas?

do you get a clicking noise from your ignition? I would also check for any loose wires, because a bad connection will not allow the car to start either.

Comment

Yes, be sure to check the battery cables... make sure they are making good connection. I had this problem before... It was a poor ground. It was allowing my electronics and lights to work but the engine wouldn't turn over.

Comment

Originally posted by zoetrusoldier View Post
        Yes, be sure to check the battery cables... make sure they are making good connection. I had this problem before... It was a poor ground. It was allowing my electronics and lights to work but the engine wouldn't turn over.
        after searching the website i thought it might be the main relay. so i went ahead and bought one, installed it, and the car started.

Then after shutting off, it would not start again. and it just looks like i need another main relay.

I checked the ground and batt, it is good. Any suggestions.

Im trying to get the car going before the crazy bad weather hits

THanks for the info guys, i appreciate it!

Comment

check/test starter solenoid/not the starter
          I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
          My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
          Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Comment

If the motor turns over, the starter is not the problem. A bad starter won't do anything, or it'll just whir (meaning the gears are stripped).

Pull a spark plug and crank it. Smell for fuel. If you don't smell fuel, then the fuel pump may be bad (since the main relay is new). Be SURE that main relay is installed securely!
            If you smell fuel, then you don't have to worry about a fuel issue. Focus on spark.
            Check for spark (there are a number of ways to do this... one is holding the plug near something that will allow the spark to jump) If you aren't getting spark, which is more likely, then look to replace the coil and igniter.

Also, before all that... clean your battery cables and terminals. I spend $300 on a new battery and starter a few years back, only to have the no-start problem be corrosion on the terminals. The battery was good... but the cables weren't allowing enough juice to go through!

Comment

Originally posted by scorch View Post
              after searching the website i thought it might be the main relay. so i went ahead and bought one, installed it, and the car started.

Then after shutting off, it would not start again. and it just looks like i need another main relay.

I checked the ground and batt, it is good. Any suggestions.

Im trying to get the car going before the crazy bad weather hits

THanks for the info guys, i appreciate it!
              Did you check your connections to the fuse/relay box? Just a thought... but I'm just guessing here.

Comment

so you went from no start to running with a new main relay, to no start again. idk if its the main relay because if it were a bad part it would start again. to me it seems like a gorund. if it were the relay it would start cuz u have a new one. if it were the battery it would start and so on which makes me think its a ground. but also check the distributor too. i mine wouldnt strat until after 20 minutes of cranking and i put a cap and rotor and it starts like a champion 20 bux later

Comment

Did you get it figured out?

Comment

it must be a short somewhere

Rip It Up
                    Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

hmm...so...

Main Relay -
                      Distributor -
                      Ignitor (inside Distributor) -

Btw glad you're ok!

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                        it must be a short somewhere
                        can i ask where you pulled that out of?
                        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

if your engine turns over its not the starter, whenever the starter goes out theres a clicking sound, most like your not getting fuel, check your fuel pump, and the spark plugs

u also said u got a new main relay and the car started, then it died back which contradicts what i said about the fuel pump and spark. its doesn't hurt to check though

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Working...
                          X