Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

gas light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas light!

i recently got my car stolen..
    got it back stripped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anyways....the car is marking umm id say almost half...
    butit has the gas light on.,..
    when they took it it had no gas....

it doesnt seem they fucked with anything on the motor or anywhere else...they jsut took whatever they wanted to take....

but any help?
    IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

have you added gas since then?

glad you found the car

edit: once i ran my car at about 1/4 constantly (couldn't afford to fill it up anymore) for a good month or even two maybe and the gas light NEVER came on when i was like below E even. i put 20 bucks in one day and that had it almost full and the gas light started working again once it got low
    Last edited by xaaronx; 10-24-2009, 01:57 PM.
    90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

ur gas sending unit may be bad.did u reset the ecu?maybe the ecu isnt reading the gas sending unit.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
        ur gas sending unit may be bad.did u reset the ecu?maybe the ecu isnt reading the gas sending unit.
        ok well...
        i knmew it didnt had gas..
        stupid tow truck people when they dropped it on the impound...
        it was facing down like a muscle car.....
        but when it lowerred even...it said it has gas but i put a gallon of gas i took with me...but it still marked the light...

welli took the battery off and the ecu 10a fuse...

is that how u reset it?

Comment

If it has basically no gas, and you only added a gallon, then you still have basically no gas.

Put in a few more gallons and see if it goes away. To reset the ECU you just need to remove power to it. I believe either removing the fuse or disconnecting the battery will do the trick.. but I am certain that disconnecting the battery will work so you should be all set there.
          Last edited by TheFirstNutZo; 10-24-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

yeah i agree i would advise to add a few more gallons of gas

Cappuccino Accord Member #19

Bought From:ktcb7

Comment

Originally posted by SacTownCb7 View Post
              yeah i agree i would advise to add a few more gallons of gas
              but why is it marking almost half????

umm is it cause it was sitting on a angle or something or what???

should i just go with more gallons???

Comment

hmm good point... well i would try filling it up and if that doesn't work try resetting your ecu (which i unfortunatley don't know how to do) search for it on the site

Cappuccino Accord Member #19

Bought From:ktcb7

Comment

Dude
                  I drive about 400 miles a week and I Fill my gas tank every single week from empty to full.

FILL UP YOUR GAS TANK DON'T BE CHEAP, THE NEEDLE WILL PROBABLY RESET.
                  MESSING AROUND WITH FEW GALLONS WON'T DO ANYTHING.

JUST FILL IT UP
                  Last edited by L_U_D_I_AAccord; 10-25-2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I saw your thread in the "Off Topic" section and Im glad you were able to get your car back!!

Comment

Working...
                    X