Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Put Fart Can on and Car Running Crappy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put Fart Can on and Car Running Crappy

Hey guy's, like the title says I put a fart can on my cb and I went out for a drive to hear it and after my car got all warmed up (normal temp) it started to act like it was missing and shit. I have no Idea what it could be because the muffler is wide open (I can see right through it).
    Could it coincidentally be that my cat got plugged up, and now after I put it (fart can) on it's showing signs?
    It runs great until she warms up, do you guy's have any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by brsteinbach; 10-23-2009, 10:33 PM.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

I don't know what "quiescently" means, but are the engine RPMs bouncing up and down once it is warm?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Lol I meant like a coincidence but I didn't know how to spell it.

Nope the RPM's stay right at 700.

^^^^^
      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I think he means coincidently...

Either way, I would have to say that it's just a coincidence and there is something else wrong. What? Hard to say. Did you have to or happen to remove anything else when you were installing the fart can?
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

you put it on or someone welded it?

reset the ecu if the battery negative cable wasnt unplugged.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

my OEM muffler rusted off so I just decided to clamp on my fart can I had. I was driving without a muffler for about a week with no problems and all of the sudden this happened after I put the fart can on.

^^^^^
            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

so was it put on or welded on?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Just clamped on. Not welded.

Edit: One of these

^^^^^
                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Do you guy's think it might be the cat?

^^^^^
                  Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I would reset the ECU, like wed3k said to do.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                    Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                    Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                    [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Really? Even though I didn't weld anything, I just clamped a new muffler on.

^^^^^
                      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                        Really? Even though I didn't weld anything, I just clamped a new muffler on.
                        Why not? Even if you didn't unhook the battery, it can't hurt. Start with the small things you can try to fix for free and work your way up, that's my motto

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                        Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                        Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                        [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Ok thanks for the help.

^^^^^
                          Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

could be a bad o2 sensor. If you go WOT does it act right or still sputter?

most likely not a result of the muffler IF the muffler alone is all you touched.
                            ____

Comment

If I go WOT it does still sputter but if I stay at a constant pace (2K RPM's) it's fine.

^^^^^
                              Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X