Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pc680 Battery Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pc680 Battery Question?

If i buy a PC680 do i need a new bracket to hold this Battery?

You mean a battery tie down? All batteries need one, or else it will flop around when you take corners.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      You mean a battery tie down? All batteries need one, or else it will flop around when you take corners.
      my optima was fine without a tie down.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Agree'd so is my group 26...but its massive compared to the stock one..
        Dragnskull <3 Tacit says:
        *i dont understand how people can even work on these piecse of shit
        Dragnskull <3 Tacit says:
        *theyre the emachines of cars
        Leefhead says:
        *that sums up GM in a single sentence

Comment

Honestly if you are going to go with a smaller battery like the PC680, relocate it... that's what I did.

I built a box for it and mounted it lower down, basically right under where the stock battery tray is. Make the engine bay much cleaner.

^ Batter holder

^ Battery all nice and snug in it's new location

^Cleaner engine bay (still needs some work)
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
            Honestly if you are going to go with a smaller battery like the PC680, relocate it... that's what I did.

I built a box for it and mounted it lower down, basically right under where the stock battery tray is. Make the engine bay much cleaner.

^ Batter holder

^ Battery all nice and snug in it's new location

^Cleaner engine bay (still needs some work)
            THAT IS COOL AS FUCK!!!! i want one.how much was the battry

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
              THAT IS COOL AS FUCK!!!! i want one.how much was the battry
              Battery ran me $130 shipped.

Comment

looks like a charger is hooked up. does it hold charge for long?

my new turbo build

Comment

looks like a charger is hooked up. does it hold charge for long?
                  I've had it sit for two and a half weeks and still start without issue. When I took the pictures I had let the car sit a little longer then four weeks (working on my building), so I tossed their battery tender on it to keep it nice and charged. Something people should think about since this is classified as a racing battery.

Comment

were u get the battry from? how did u make the box for it.

my new turbo build

Comment

were u get the battry from? how did u make the box for it.
                      I bought it from Portable Power Systems. However you can get it off Amazon for $127 shipped.

What I did to make the box was I took the metal jacket that you can get with the battery (part number should end with MJ), attached two 1/8" thick x 2" wide aluminum bar to the metal jacket and that was it.

The thing that took the longest was getting everything lined up correctly for bolting it down because I wanted to use factory bolt locations instead of drilling and taping new holes.

Comment

^Nice work on that, I admire the extra work using factory bolt holes! My 680 is getting pretty old, but it has always been fussy during the winter, I'm going w/ a big battery for the winter this year. I'm pretty much @ the point of needing a new 680 anyways, I bought it used from PrimoCB7 roughly 3.5 yrs ago!

Comment

Thanks, I really like using factory bolt holes whenever possible. Takes a lot of work sometimes but its totally worth it.

But yeah I've noticed on really cold days it can be a bit hard to start so a winter battery wouldn't be a bad idea at all for anyone thinking about doing this.

I'm just amazed at how much abuse you can give this battery and it STILL charge back up to 100%. Might bump up to a larger Odyssey battery later down the road for more CCAs and a higher reserve... but for right now this 680 does a fantastic job!

Comment

Working...
                          X