Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Viper Alarm system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viper Alarm system.

yea yea i know there are many threads on this but, none seemed to answer my question. well i was looking at the Viper Security/Remote Start build your own system part of their website. well i get through picking the system and adding features that would keep my cb more safe, but when it comes to modules I'm stumped cause it says put in your car year, brand, and model. well i get honda accord but not the year and it said to consult the installer about the possible interface module requirements. could anybody tell me what module i would have to get for the system to work properly?

System I'm looking at: Viper 5901 responder w/remote start, 2-way. with these accessories: Audio Sensor, Backup Battery System, Backup Battery Siren, E-L indicator, and the Trunk Release Solenoid. only thing i need is the Interface Module. and thats what i need to know so does anybody know what module is needed?

Turbo Setup: 100%

u might not need a module only if ur car came with a factory remote start and autamatic door locks aka remote with lock and un lock.

my new turbo build

Comment

i bought used (like most of us) but i only recieved a key, but i have automatic locks like i can use the switch on the door. i dont know if my car came with the lock/unlock button, my car is a 92 honda accord ex sedan. and how do i know if my car came with the remote thing?

Comment

3 options. u can call honda give ur vin and they will try to tell u if u have remote door locks. or u can hook the alarm up without the door locks aka u have 2 lock the door ur self.or u can look for a black box about 5-7in long 6-7in wide under the driver side dash.if u cant find it call honda and ask them.

my new turbo build

Comment

ill look tomorrow if its any dryer, but say i do find the black box that houses the thing for the remotes, can i call honda to get replacement remotes? if there's not one under there then what do i have to do?

Comment

if ur putting in an alarm then u dont have 2. u can get the moduel that will sycronise ur remote locks to the alarm box. that will enable u to use the alarm remote for the lock/unlock.that is y the ask for ur car info.and yes u can probably get the factory remotes.

my new turbo build

Comment

so your saying if i have one i don't have to get a certian module but a module that will syncronize the auto locks to the alarm box? and that would let me use the alarm remote to also lock/unlock my car?

Comment

wait are you saying that cb7 came with remotes to lock and unlock doorsor that just for the alram hes trying to put in

Comment

i think he is saying theres a factory alarm/ door locker/unlocker on our cb7's

Comment

there might be. i wouldnt actully know for sure till u tell me.i did alarms for 3 years.never had to do one on a cb7 mostly all 98 and up.then we used the module to by pass the factory door locks. i dont know even if 92 came with remote locks that is why i am giving u info on how to find it. i am saying he can put an alarm in without using the door locks meaning he would have to lock the door manuely then set the alarm.

my new turbo build

Comment

well checked it no black box, what do i do now?

Comment

put ur alarm in see what happens if u need help let me know.

my new turbo build

Comment

most interface mods are for newer cars that need to be bypass because they have chipped keys or you gotta wire up the factory arm and disarm, But thats mostly on newer cars that have passkeys and stuff like that and on your accord you dont need any mods or bypasses so dont worry bout it just get it installed
                          MightyBroBlack

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                            there might be. i wouldnt actully know for sure till u tell me.i did alarms for 3 years.never had to do one on a cb7 mostly all 98 and up.then we used the module to by pass the factory door locks. i dont know even if 92 came with remote locks that is why i am giving u info on how to find it. i am saying he can put an alarm in without using the door locks meaning he would have to lock the door manuely then set the alarm.
                            for older cars its negitive trigger. nothing special, some take 5 wire reversal or positive. Most new cars can be interfaced without modules. Some use resistors, or just isolate the motor itself by going into the door. I done many cars without modules lol. Got to make money somehow.

black/red
                            black/white are door lock wire colors hehe.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                            X