Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

230all-motor whp on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U can't do this kind of build on a budget. To do it right will cost at least twice what u estimate.

Better bet would be to swap in an H23 VTEC, and then get either regular or Type-S JDM H22 cams. Little more work but prob more reliable than this.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

pistons alone will run you upwards of 500

head work will run you 900 at least

valvetrain...over 500 easy when all is done

your goals are unreasonable and unrealistic
      ____

Comment

so have you done all your homework to attempt a G23 set up? its been done, but it isnt an easy task either.

Comment

i should change my thread to "who can hate more" lmao............

Comment

Originally posted by 95_Rs View Post
            Nobody hates you, but when you start a thread saying something that is generally accepted in the community as being very unlikely (if not impossible), you're going to meet opposition.

It all goes back to the triangle: You can have high power, high reliability, or low cost. Pick two.
            Last edited by TheFirstNutZo; 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

its not that, but it seems like you havnt done much research. remember power & reliability isn't something you mix with cheap.

look at all the build threads on here, calculate EVERYTHING before saying that "i want to build this much power for this much" no matter how you put it, trying to make 230hp under 1000 has to be a half ass job somewhere.

or you can take on this project and prove us wrong. the more experience you have with building motors then more power to you. of course labor can be free if you have access to anything and the knowledge. but parts alone will just cost you for more then your budget can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula-ONE View Post
                its not that, but it seems like you havnt done much research. remember power & reliability isn't something you mix with cheap.

look at all the build threads on here, calculate EVERYTHING before saying that "i want to build this much power for this much" no matter how you put it, trying to make 230hp under 1000 has to be a half ass job somewhere.

or you can take on this project and prove us wrong. the more experience you have with building motors then more power to you. of course labor can be free if you have access to anything and the knowledge. but parts alone will just cost you for more then your budget can afford.
                I seen internally stock h22 hit 180 whp y not wat im trying 2 build if it just hits 200 plus it would be koo but i want 230 lol.

Comment

I seen internally stock h22 hit 180 whp y not wat im trying 2 build if it just hits 200 plus it would be koo but i want 230 lol.
                  You've seen an internally stock H22 hit 180whp, but how reliable was it? How much money did it cost to get it to 180whp? Do you have a silver bullet to get an additional 50WHP for under $1000 (reliably)? You start tearing into things and the costs go up very quickly. It helps that you already have some parts, but we are simply suggesting that $1500 != 230whp reliably.

The problem with numbers more than 20-30 above stock is that you exhaust your cheap tricks (bolt ons), and you start moving into internals... which add up VERY quickly. You break apart the engine and suddenly you need a few hundred dollars in gaskets and miscellaneous parts that weren't part of the plan -- because they were in worse shape than you thought. Look at this thread to get an idea of what I'm talking about: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=96024 . Horsepower isn't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
                    You've seen an internally stock H22 hit 180whp, but how reliable was it? How much money did it cost to get it to 180whp? Do you have a silver bullet to get an additional 50WHP for under $1000 (reliably)? You start tearing into things and the costs go up very quickly. It helps that you already have some parts, but we are simply suggesting that $1500 != 230whp reliably.

The problem with numbers more than 20-30 above stock is that you exhaust your cheap tricks (bolt ons), and you start moving into internals... which add up VERY quickly. You break apart the engine and suddenly you need a few hundred dollars in gaskets and miscellaneous parts that weren't part of the plan -- because they were in worse shape than you thought. Look at this thread to get an idea of what I'm talking about: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=96024 . Horsepower isn't cheap.
                    not cheap huh i have had my ls-vtec for over a year now made 170whp untuned like 5 6 months ago b18a1 gsr pistons jdm gsr head skunk manifold stock exhaust manifold test pipe stock exhaust and no muffler tip, 8 lbs flywheel, crome chip p28 and that's it over all it's stock. to this day still untuned and got those pistons for free only had 2 buy new rings everything else is used like $400 for everything haven't tracked it yet but have beaten stock evo's and gto's so im guessing it's around high 13's 14 flat.
                    Last edited by 95_Rs; 10-21-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

hahahahaha
                      Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

not cheap huh i have had my ls-vtec for over a year now made 170whp untuned like 5 6 months ago b18a1 gsr pistons jdm gsr head skunk manifold stock exhaust manifold test pipe stock exhaust and no muffler tip, 8 lbs flywheel, crome chip p28 and that's it over all it's stock. to this day still untuned and got those pistons for free only had 2 buy new rings everything else is used like $400 for everything haven't tracked it yet but have beaten stock evo's and gto's so im guessing it's around high 13's 14 flat.
                        It's stock!

Except for the pistons, the head, the IM, the exhaust, the flywheel and the ECU.

It would take you over 180 whp to hit 14 flat in a 95 teggy with you and some fuel in it. 170 would put you in the 14.5 range.

I don't think you actually beat any GTOs, the slow one runs 13.6 stock, the fast one can turn 12.9s if driven right, Evo's are running about 13.3 give or take a couple tenths.

You'd need over 230 whp in a teggy to beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                          It's stock!

Except for the pistons, the head, the IM, the exhaust, the flywheel and the ECU.

It would take you over 180 whp to hit 14 flat in a 95 teggy with you and some fuel in it. 170 would put you in the 14.5 range.

I don't think you actually beat any GTOs, the slow one runs 13.6 stock, the fast one can turn 12.9s if driven right, Evo's are running about 13.3 give or take a couple tenths.

You'd need over 230 whp in a teggy to beat them.
                          y not 14 flat a gsr in a eg hatch runs 14flat
                          my car is a lil faster than a gsr and better tranny and my car is a rs stock weigh 25xx and has no ac power steering and nothing in the dash i.e no heater or fan all that toghether weight around 50lbs taking my car to 83 85 every shift when i raced them and was on a roll not from a dig. I don't c y u think i'm lying the evo's was completely stock nothin no exhaust or nothing and gto was 5.7 auto.

Comment

y not 14 flat a gsr in a eg hatch runs 14flat
                            my car is a lil faster than a gsr and better tranny and my car is a rs stock weigh 25xx and has no ac power steering and nothing in the dash i.e no heater or fan all that toghether weight around 50lbs taking my car to 83 85 every shift when i raced them and was on a roll not from a dig. I don't c y u think i'm lying the evo's was completely stock nothin no exhaust or nothing and gto was 5.7 auto.
                            I'm not saying you're lying. I'm saying that the numbers don't add up. That 50 lbs is not a lot of weight reduction, it's almost a tenth of a second. Curb weight for your car is 2529 without a driver or any cargo. Take out your 50 lbs of weight reduction and throw you in the car (figuring you at about 150 lbs for an average weight male) and you're looking at 2629 lbs. In order for you to turn the 1/4 in 14 flat, you'd have to have 189 whp.

By comparison, an eg hatch weighs in at about 2250 in the VX trim with the same driver (162 whp to do the 1/4 in 14), the DX is only about 2350. (169 whp to ...)

The 05 GTO auto turns the 1/4 in 13 flat, the 04 auto in 13.6. Stock Evos are turning it under 14. Even the numbers you're claiming to put down and the times you say you can turn aren't good enough to beat those cars.
                            Last edited by visualpoet; 10-22-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                              I'm not saying you're lying. I'm saying that the numbers don't add up. That 50 lbs is not a lot of weight reduction, it's almost a tenth of a second. Curb weight for your car is 2529 without a driver or any cargo. Take out your 50 lbs of weight reduction and throw you in the car (figuring you at about 150 lbs for an average weight male) and you're looking at 2629 lbs. In order for you to turn the 1/4 in 14 flat, you'd have to have 189 whp.

By comparison, an eg hatch weighs in at about 2250 in the VX trim with the same driver (162 whp to do the 1/4 in 14), the DX is only about 2350. (169 whp to ...)

The 05 GTO auto turns the 1/4 in 13 flat, the 04 auto in 13.6. Stock Evos are turning it under 14. Even the numbers you're claiming to put down and the times you say you can turn aren't good enough to beat those cars.
                              math owns

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

First off dude...you need to stop with the "gangsta" typing. And use as best grammer and english as you can, no one wants to read through your drabble.

Secondly, you lack understanding. You think since the h22 has 180hp (not whp) then you should be able to get 50 more hp pretty easily? That doesn't happen.

If you want to talk about other engines and franks...well now the price is just climbing even faster. To get my f22a over 200hp I will end up spending well over 3000 easy.

People spend 2000+ dollars to gain 10 and 20hp! Ending up rebuilding the entire engine from block up many times.

So this idea you have of only spending $1000 to gain 30+hp is absurd because it is unrealistic. If you could find some cheap ass cams that someone would give you dirt cheap cause you were their buddy, had a buddy who knew how to tune give you a chipped ecu and tune it for free, and knew a guy at the machine shop who would do the work under the table super cheap...then maybe...even still 1000 is most likely not going to cut it.

Any "hating" is because not only do you refuse to grasp that concept, and you are ignoring it all together...and that is annoying.
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X