Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

230all-motor whp on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

230all-motor whp on a budget

okay watz good err1 well these r my future plans lmk wat ya'll think

f23a1 bored 2 87mm and arp rod bolts if i ever find them.
    fully balanced rotating assembly h22a4 pistons
    h22a1 head
    comp is said 2 b 11.72

wats the best oil pump 2 use?

i want 2 atleast rev to 8k

already own the h22 head and hondata s300

here's a quick price list
    f23 avrg $300 on craigs or azht
    $300 for all my machine work and put bak together and port intake manifold
    $100 new pistons with rings
    $133 arp head studs
    $86 new bearings
    $350 for tuning at locash racing
    $75 timing belt
    $25 head gasket
    $70 cheap header
    $100 dsm blue top injectors

$1539 and i have a complete f23a1 complete vtec 11.72 comp and around 220 230 whp i hope
    Last edited by 95_Rs; 10-21-2009, 12:36 PM.

230whp on a budget? thats like oil and water man.
    you might as well just put a 100shot throttle bottle on your car if you want to be cheap.

on a serious note, check out hondafan81's all motor build. itll give you a good idea on how to build a proper single cam.

Comment

Might as well build a full H22 if you want to rev that high. Building an F bottom end for high reving is not going to be cheap.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

What do you consider to be "on a budget"?

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Formula-ONE View Post
          230whp on a budget? thats like oil and water man.
          you might as well just put a 100shot throttle bottle on your car if you want to be cheap.

on a serious note, check out hondafan81's all motor build. itll give you a good idea on how to build a proper single cam.
          I never said wat my budget was but i'm not trying 2 go over $1,000 1.5k and i'm sure it's possible just kuz i said budget don't mean ima half ass anything and im not trying 2 build it single cam i like duel cam more.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            Might as well build a full H22 if you want to rev that high. Building an F bottom end for high reving is not going to be cheap.
            i know the rod ratio is bad but that's y ima fully balance the bottom end and try 2 get arp rod bolts or forged rods 8k rev's shouldn't b that bad.

Comment

well go figure opening up a block will cost you lots of money.

one of the best headers out there right now (SMSP) runs about $800-1000.

h22a's in a very healthy condition run about 180whp still means that you have 70whp to configure.

you'd still need ecu+tuning

i can go on, but its gonna go beyond on your 1000 dollar budget.

Comment

1 - 1.5 k isn't much of a budget for what you want to do. You might want to look around the forum and check out some other build ideas. If you really are that hooked on dohc and revving, what is your argument about building an H? Much easier to do and much cheaper than the frank you're talking about.

You'll also get better responses and more respect if you use the whole keyboard and stop typing like it's a text message. It's nothing personal, it's how we are around here. The easier it is to read your posts, the more likely you'll be to get positive responses and answers.

Comment

I already own the h22 head and hondata s300 ima start gathering all the prices right now also got a machine shop i been fukin wit for a while now.
                  Last edited by 95_Rs; 10-21-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

$1500?? That will buy you a header and a tune. That's about it.
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

$133 arp head studs
                      $86 new bearings
                      $75 timing belt
                      $25 head gasket
                      $70 cheap header

$1539 and i have a complete f23a1 complete vtec 11.72 comp and around 220 230 whp i hope

Comment

i still think your not going to achieve that power with those listed.

telling you just do a 100 shot and take it to a dyno.

but if you can do 230whp under $1000 then more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 95_Rs View Post
                          $133 arp head studs
                          $86 new bearings
                          $75 timing belt
                          $25 head gasket
                          $70 cheap header

So what about all the seals on the motor? Intake manifold gasket? Oil pan gasket? Going to reuse your current clutch? What about a valve cover gasket kit? Spark plugs? Wires?

There is a lot missing from your list...and it adds up quickly.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula-ONE View Post
                            i still think your not going to achieve that power with those listed.

telling you just do a 100 shot and take it to a dyno.

but if you can do 230whp under $1000 then more power to you.
                            lol ima try 2 do this and c wat happens.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                              So what about all the seals on the motor? Intake manifold gasket? Oil pan gasket? Going to reuse your current clutch? What about a valve cover gasket kit? Spark plugs? Wires?

There is a lot missing from your list...and it adds up quickly.
                              like i said quick price list lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X