Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

? bout INT. H23@plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? bout INT. H23@plenum

I was wonndering what kind of gains i would see. >

:question is I want to switchH23 plenum and TB onto my A6 runner.
    Thought of this last night at about 3 in the morning Love thinking about Honda's
    :But can this be done will my runner line up with the H23/H22 Plenum ?

Reason I like the Longevity of the A6 Runners is to gain in low end torque.
    And was thinking of sum more high end toque by switching to bigger plenum an TB.
    :If i do this I will be grabbing Stock H22 Injectors. ?is there a diff. between A6 fuel rail and H22 fuel rail, I'm gonna say yes, but I would like it confirmed.

Not really worried about fuel delivery being a problem ALTHOUGH, It should aid with a bigger plenum, ie. More Air/More Fuel

Thnx everyone, at cb7tuner.com
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
    Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Yes, it will bolt on just fine. It's actually a very common thing to do around here. Many people say it's a better manifold than a full H23 manifold... though there are no dyno charts to support that claim.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Yes, it will bolt on just fine. It's actually a very common thing to do around here. Many people say it's a better manifold than a full H23 manifold... though there are no dyno charts to support that claim.
      That's what I was going to say...

The only dynos people have used when they've done the swap/install are butt dynos, but those aren't all that reliable.

On my A1 I've installed A6 runners with the H23 plenum and TB and I think it was well worth doing.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Well I was thinking it must be the best of both worlds. but new ? it should be alright without the port matching,
        I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

Comment

Originally posted by Oja View Post
          Well I was thinking it must be the best of both worlds. but new ? it should be alright without the port matching,

might as well sped a couple hous port matching while it's off... at least it would be one less thing you kick yourself in the butt for not doing later on.

a hondata or bisi heat gasket and or a blaktrax penlum spacer might be a good investment while your at it money wise and time wise.. no need to keep removing th IM... just some things to consider.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

No reason to swap the injectors out. The ones you already have are going to deliver plenty of fuel. The biggest benefit from the bigger plenum is a larger shot of air immediately at WOT and slightly smoother flow. You're not going to suck enough extra air in to warrant swapping the rail and injectors. If you're pulling the whole manifold to switch the plenum, you might as well port match, if not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

There are even good reasons not to swap the injectors out for bigger ones. Without a ECU tune you'll likely be dumping way too much gas into the engine which will hurt fuel economy AND performance, making things much worse across the board than sticking with the stock injectors.

Comment

The stock injectors are absolutely fine for most mild applications. When you start doing serious modification, then start worrying about it.

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                  That's what I was going to say...

The only dynos people have used when they've done the swap/install are butt dynos, but those aren't all that reliable.

On my A1 I've installed A6 runners with the H23 plenum and TB and I think it was well worth doing.
                  not nagging on you at all but you upgraded from an a1 complete int. And manifold to an a6 INT. an H23 plenum/ has anyone done this swap on there A6 and how much of an gain did you feel / oh by the way I'm sure you felt a gain. Be easy an drive safe pls

Comment

Just slap it on, real easy and good gains.

Stick with the stock injectors.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
                      There are even good reasons not to swap the injectors out for bigger ones. Without a ECU tune you'll likely be dumping way too much gas into the engine which will hurt fuel economy AND performance, making things much worse across the board than sticking with the stock injectors.
                      Alright dude I kno what your saying I put new header on and it smoothed my powerband right out weird or noo like throttle response is good but in gear powerband litteraly smoothed out it is t ahh I don't really kno how to explain it any input .. But what I said.

Comment

Well I was thinking since I was putting the H23 on I would get the fuel rail and injector there still stock fuel delivery systems so they cAn't be that aggressive. umm the PT6 isn't the same as the PO6 I can get the po6 off a civic lx dx ummm 92 95 I'm gonna say help me out deev. Cause I heard the po6 is the chippable ECU..

Comment

the p06 is one of the most used ecus for tuning and yes the p06 is chippable.the pt6 u can chip but u can only certain things(what they are im not sure).

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                          X