Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats the difference in the cams????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the difference in the cams????

im on bisimoto.com and ive been checking out the cam shafts. i plan on turboing the car when income taxes come. their are the same priced cams

229$
    one is level 1 regrind offers 10% improvment
    #2 is 1.2 turbo
    #3 is level 2 regrind offers 15% improvenmt
    they are all the same price but the level 2 reccomands to up grade the cam gear and springs

y are they all the same price but offer better outputs???
    am i missing something here.

this is the next thing i'd like to install, but wanting to make sure im not getting ahead of my self.

is their anything i need to no befor i get styarted??

read threads

Comment

Originally posted by fenderninja View Post
      read threads
      You will be banned for responses like this. Help, or don't waste space posting.

The cams cost no more to make, regardless of the grind, and Bisimoto isn't out to take advantage of the tuner market.

The Stage 1 and Stage 2 grinds are made for NA applications, whereas the turbo grind is made for turbo applications. The NA grinds have more valve overlap, which is good for NA, but bad for turbo. The Stage 1 cam doesn't require a valvetrain upgrade, whereas a valvetrain upgrade is STRONGLY recommended with the Stage 2.

Comment

gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by fenderninja View Post
          read threads
          Read stickies.
          (Hint: don't be an asshole, don't tell people to search.)
          Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The Stage 1 and Stage 2 grinds are made for NA applications, whereas the turbo grind is made for turbo applications. The NA grinds have more valve overlap, which is good for NA, but bad for turbo. The Stage 1 cam doesn't require a valvetrain upgrade, whereas a valvetrain upgrade is STRONGLY recommended with the Stage 2.
          Was it not said recently, either by Jose or Wikked, that stg 1 cams usually outperform f/i cams?

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            You will be banned for responses like this. Help, or don't waste space posting.

The cams cost no more to make, regardless of the grind, and Bisimoto isn't out to take advantage of the tuner market.

Thanks Mike. I could not have said it better myself.
            Bisimoto Engineering
            1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
            2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
            3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

So would a Stage 2 cam actually harm the engine if I used it without supporting mods/a built engine? I want to get something that will give me good numbers with a DSM turbo build on low boost before building the engine but I'm going to build the engine eventually. Would I be better off just getting a Stage 1.2 and then later building the engine or getting a Stage 2 from the start?

Underground.Society
              Originally posted by Deevergote
              If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                So would a Stage 2 cam actually harm the engine if I used it without supporting mods/a built engine? I want to get something that will give me good numbers with a DSM turbo build on low boost before building the engine but I'm going to build the engine eventually. Would I be better off just getting a Stage 1.2 and then later building the engine or getting a Stage 2 from the start?
                We'll need more information to properly guide you here. What are "good numbers"? What is "low boost"? When do you plan to build the motor? What is your budget for the DSM turbo setup? What will be your budget for the motor build? What are your power goals for the motor build?

This kind of information is very relevant to how you should proceed. If "good numbers" means 150whp, and "low boost" means 5psi, that's very different than 200whp @ 4psi, or 200whp @ 15psi.

If you only have enough money to scrimp together the DSM setup and no money left over for a tune, you'd be better off tuning on a stock cam (f22a6 hopefully) than trying to run a FM hack and buying a cam.

As far as buying a cam from a respected shop that highly recommends running upgraded cam gear and springs: they know what they're talking about. They wouldn't suggest you do it for no reason. I do not know what damage it would do to your engine (maybe none, maybe you just won't realize the power benefits of the cam without the additional parts). If you trust the company enough to buy their product which they tell you is good, you might want to trust the company to know how their product should be installed.

Comment

A cam designed for NA will be detrimental to a turbo engine. The overlap will cause you to blow the intake charge right out the exhaust valves.

Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
                  We'll need more information to properly guide you here. What are "good numbers"? What is "low boost"? When do you plan to build the motor? What is your budget for the DSM turbo setup? What will be your budget for the motor build? What are your power goals for the motor build?

This kind of information is very relevant to how you should proceed. If "good numbers" means 150whp, and "low boost" means 5psi, that's very different than 200whp @ 4psi, or 200whp @ 15psi.

If you only have enough money to scrimp together the DSM setup and no money left over for a tune, you'd be better off tuning on a stock cam (f22a6 hopefully) than trying to run a FM hack and buying a cam.

As far as buying a cam from a respected shop that highly recommends running upgraded cam gear and springs: they know what they're talking about. They wouldn't suggest you do it for no reason. I do not know what damage it would do to your engine (maybe none, maybe you just won't realize the power benefits of the cam without the additional parts). If you trust the company enough to buy their product which they tell you is good, you might want to trust the company to know how their product should be installed.
                  Fantastic advice right there!

Yes, any cam with high lift and duration can cause problems with old, tired valvesprings. Especially at higher RPM.

As for the FM hack.. the good thing is that most kids these days aren't even aware of that oldschool method! At least not around here. A chipped P06 is the standard... the only noob mistake that people seem to make with that is running on a basemap, and not a real tune.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                    The Bisimoto stage 2 camshaft will only require, heavy duty valves springs like the Bisimoto valves springs. You don't need a fully built engine. Adjustable cam gears would be recommended to properly dial in your cam. You can use the Bisimoto stage 1.2 without turbo, but it will not provide you with full potential until you finally install a turbo. But the added power will be noticeable.
                    Bisimoto Engineering
                    1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                    2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                    3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Working...
                    X