Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about anchor bolt camber kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about anchor bolt camber kit

So i bought the ingalls camber kit, and before installing, i noticed a sort of "stop", on the part than slides through the fender well. Sort of a small snap ring, if you will.

The problem is, it feels pretty sturdy, like its not suppose to come off. But if that's the case, why would they just put a ring there? Instead of just extending the cast a little bit.

Has anyone else seen this?

edit: i forgot to add, the pictures on the ingalls site, has this.
    Last edited by noobcake; 10-17-2009, 12:43 AM.

anyone?

Comment

first off those camber kits are garbage.now u went cheap,they are gonna keep comming loose then the bushing is gonna go then ur wheel IS gonna fall off just like mine did.only i got lucky i was at a stop and i sued them because i had some shop put them in.if u want a good camber kit for a decant price try tasauto. its the hole control arm with bushings.the rings close when they get tightned down in the strut tower...i beg u please dont use them.$40 is not worth ur life.

my new turbo build

Comment

Agree'd. Go to your local auto parts store, I'm sure they can get them as well. I work at part source in Canada and we can order them through keystone.
        Dragnskull <3 Tacit says:
        *i dont understand how people can even work on these piecse of shit
        Dragnskull <3 Tacit says:
        *theyre the emachines of cars
        Leefhead says:
        *that sums up GM in a single sentence

Comment

i agree too get good one

Comment

even if u get the other ones off ebay the ingalls/the ones that are the ball joint $150 or so.those are ay better and safer.like EVERYONE says you get what you pay for.

my new turbo build

Comment

I honestly don't know what that ring is for. I've wondered that myself. Even the knockoff kits have it, so it must serve some function.

If anyone read, you would see that it IS an Ingalls kit. Just because it is an anchor bolt kit does not mean it is cheap, or that it will fall apart. Don't put this in the same category as the $40 Dropzone parts you can get on ebay. THOSE will break. This, if installed properly, will not.

The ball joint kits require removal of the stock ball joint, which potentially weakens the already thin metal on the upper control arm. I'd be more afraid of doing that! Personally, the ONLY camber kit I would ever get is the TASauto.com upper control arm with the Ingalls ball joint already installed on a brand new UCA.

92smokeaccord, you've become quite the authority lately... and you really don't know nearly enough to tell people how stupid they are, as the information you are giving doesn't show that you actually UNDERSTAND what you are saying. You're merely regurgitating what you read... and only about 60% of it is accurate. If you wish to give advice, please do so after you've gained some knowledge... and don't start putting people down because you don't like what they do... save that for when they're rude to you first.

Comment

i understand thank u.....not being a smart ass either.
                Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord
                  :facepalm:

I, much like yourself, can READ.
                  Im fully aware that the adjuster bolt MAY come loose. Thats why I also have a handy liquid, called LOCTITE. Once its adjusted, it doesn't need to be moved. Unless the suspension is altered.
                  And ill tell you now, If OEM honda rubberUCA bushings held up for 17 years, these semi-poly ones will be FINE for the time period i own my car.

Comment

Working...
                  X