Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

difference in f22 motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

difference in f22 motors

how much better is the F22A6 compared to the A1 and A4?

A1 is 125hp, A6 is 140 hp. So 15 hp.

Slap an H23 plenum and TB on there, real easy.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

This might help you-
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

Comment

the F22a6 has 140hp and 142 foot pounds of torque while the a1 has 125hp and 137 foot pounds of torque and the a4's got 130hp and 142 foot pounds of torque.

the main advantage you get from having an F22a6 is the PT6 ECU and stronger valve springs for an upgraded camshaft.
        IF, implies a possibility.

Comment

ha i looked at that thread earlier. but like i know thw A6 has a more aggressive cam than the A1 and A4. what about the other internals and how much power would an A6 be able to handle with stock internals?

Comment

The internals are pretty much the same as the other F22a's. Really the only difference is the Cam, valve springs, windage tray, oil cooler, intake manifold, and exhaust. There may be a few other things I am forgetting.

Besides your auto tranny will explode before you hit any numbers that will kill the engine.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by recliner54 View Post
              ha i looked at that thread earlier. but like i know thw A6 has a more aggressive cam than the A1 and A4. what about the other internals and how much power would an A6 be able to handle with stock internals?
              In my opinion if you wanna go stock a6 with bolt-ons and what not, you're probably covered up to 200hp. If you plan on going higher I would strongly suggest taking some precautionary measure

Comment

i do plan for a start to hit between 250hp and 300hp with a manual tranny

Comment

hmm..are you gonna boost?

Comment

im going back and forth on the boost. i would like to have internals than can handle it so if i do decide to boost it i know i wont have to do anything internally.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=2861

F22A1:

125 HP @ 5200 RPM
                      137 LB-FT @ 4000 RPM
                      8.8 :1 Compression Ratio

F22A4:

130 HP @ 5200 RPM
                      142 LB-FT @ 4000 RPM

F22A6:

140 HP @ 5600 RPM
                      142 LB-FT @ 4500 RPM

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by recliner54 View Post
                        im going back and forth on the boost. i would like to have internals than can handle it so if i do decide to boost it i know i wont have to do anything internally.
                        Well, if you're still on the fence about boosting, but still want to be prepared if you do end up going that route, the best thing to do is make sure the engine is healthy. Most times, a rebuild is the best way to go. I have an F22a4 and I'm just looking for the right time to pull it out and start building.

Sleeving also helps in maintaining strength; stronger pistons [maybe even forged if you've got the money, also depends on how much boost you plan on implementing]; and most definitely get some professional advice lol

Comment

Dont forget about the dual runners!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

You will NEVER get to 300hp with stock internals NA. Boost, you're going to need a good tune, a healthy motor, and good luck to pull that off for any amount of time.

The F22A motors all have the same internals. Accrdwgnguy listed all the things that make the F22A6 different from the F22A1 and F22A4 (the F22A4 is identical to the F22A1 aside from the exhaust manifold)

Comment

so overall you wanna go with the a4 or a6?
                              or does it depend on something?

vroom.

Comment

Working...
                              X