Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

running issue's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running issue's

Alright i was driving the other day and pulled into gas station and car died so said ok.. went in and got etc.. and came back out car started right up and was missing . But the funny thing i just did a full tune up on it a bout 6k ago and been running fine and all of a sudden . So go home and checl plugs and to of my spark plugs are beent like smashesd the tips and im lik e okkk.. so i went ahead and replaced them and not even hundred feet start missing again.. so just parked it no oil in sparkplug's oil seal good and valve cover gasket good so need help ????

Did you recheck those two plugs to see if the same thing happend? Also this sounds stupid but it will cause it to run weird. Depending on what kind of wires you used when you did your tune up, if they are touching the bottom of the hood it can cause it to arc and miss. I had this happen on my eclipse from a wire rubbing the bottom of the hood and eventually it started arcing on it and making the car run bad. With the two plugs like that though I doubt this is what's happening.

Comment

Do you have them in the right firing order?

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

yea i ll check but ppl were telling me timing might be off im like no cause didi it right and replaced my water pump to so > and ive made two trips to huston in it since tune up and timing belt changed but i even went to dealer to buy factory wire;s cause autozone and oriley's suck butt!!! haha

Comment

yes right firing order check on here! and replaced distributer to si and myh coil as well!! and ppl were saying maybe a valve im like well it be making alot of noise.

Comment

what do you mean you replaced your dizzy to Si

Comment

ment ""see"" SRy man haha

Comment

i recommend you do a Valve leak and a compression test bro.
                i'd also recheck your timing ,it might be off although you said you did it right,still recheck it

Comment

done a compresion test what a valve leak ? and someone told me to do a valve job !

Comment

Originally posted by dirtycb7 View Post
                    done a compresion test what a valve leak ? and someone told me to do a valve job !
                    you did that already

Comment

no my buddy was saying i should do that a valve job ..any idea what it cost ?

Comment

you need to fix your problem first before you get into that .
                        i highly suggest that you check your timing

Comment

ok ill check again but i had two other ppl and say it was perfect but maybe i missed the smallest thing !

Comment

check it

Comment

k thsnks >> if if anyone else has any input let me now thanks guy's

Comment

Working...
                              X