Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car wont start, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wont start, need help

so today drove to work and it was hella raining, crazy wind all over. got to work with no problems; then i get off work car stats up easy and still pouring rain everywhere; i get about 2 blocks away from my house and going over a speedbump my check engine light pops on car dies. i tried turning it over sounds like it wants to start but nada. pushed it all the way home put it in the garage let it sit, pop the hood battery is kinda wet(not so much) a lot of engine bay was wet not the head or black that i could see but mainly front because my hood sits way above the lights and has a huge gap. tried starting it and it starts up i hit the gas couple times sounded fine. and i took the key out put it in and check engine light turns off, do it one more time just to see if the problem went away and now check engine line wont turn off and car wont start ovre. any ideas why it wont start up? i have a jdm h22 btw if it help sorry its so long just wanted to be specific , any help is greatly appreciated!

lovin every minute of it

check your main relay ,make sure you're getting the click out of it when you turn on the key.
    as someone would always say ,check your battery cables/terminals

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

run ur codes to see if anything comes up, do you have spark?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
        check your main relay ,make sure you're getting the click out of it when you turn on the key.
        as someone would always say ,check your battery cables/terminals
        i know im getting some kind of click cos everytime i try it, the oil light turns off and battery light flickers until i stop turning. its weird becxause it started and now it dont want to budge

lovin every minute of it

Comment

a click and nothing else?

dude is ur battery dead?
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
            run ur codes to see if anything comes up, do you have spark?
            and how do i run my codes ?

and i dont know i thought it was cool but it did get wet and thats the only think i could think of at this point my dizzy isnt wet, but if the battery is dead will the check engine light be on?

lovin every minute of it

Comment

Originally posted by hussoles View Post
              i know im getting some kind of click cos everytime i try it, the oil light turns off and battery light flickers until i stop turning. its weird becxause it started and now it dont want to budge
              ok we know main relay is working ,
              now check to see if you're getting sparks and fuel.

Comment

ok we know main relay is working ,
                now check to see if you're getting sparks and fuel.
                okay but before i put the key in the third turn i would hear beeps cos it has a msd ignition but now i dont hear the beeping, srs turns off but battery check engine, and oil are on until i crank it and it wont turn over. so agrivating

lovin every minute of it

Comment

relax bro ,you're gonna get through this , i've been through this .
                  so what you're saying is you're not hearing a beep or the main relay

Comment

relax bro ,you're gonna get through this , i've been through this .
                    so what you're saying is you're not hearing a beep or the main relay
                    thanks man and its like everyday i start my car i hear beep beep beep and srs turns off and so does the check engine, but now i dont hear the beeps check engine stays on and srs just goes away with no beeps, im scared something got wet that should because the gap between the lights and my hood is noticeable, and lot of stuff on the front of my bay got wet, is it possible if the battery got wet that its bad now?

lovin every minute of it

Comment

the water could have caused a short circuit somwhere...it might just be simple as a loose connection if you hit a bump...
                      Last edited by cb7_ex_coupe; 10-13-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

sounds like your main relay isn't working bro .
                        unscrew it and pull it down and inspect it ,turn on the key and see if you hear it if not you might need to replace it unless you're having the same problem i had today (my ECU took a shit on me,not sending signal to the main Relay)let's hope it's not that. now go pull down that main relay and turn on the key do not unplug the relay.

Comment

sounds like your main relay isn't working bro .
                          unscrew it and pull it down and inspect it ,turn on the key and see if you hear it if not you might need to replace it unless you're having the same problem i had today (my ECU took a shit on me,not sending signal to the main Relay)let's hope it's not that. now go pull down that main relay and turn on the key do not unplug the relay.
                          i think that might be it, because when i was driving i guess the molding around the front windshield isnt on andi felt a lil drips here and there come from right where the main relay is located, last owner never mentioned any of this (of course) so ima see what goig on with it, so i should not unplug it right?

lovin every minute of it

Comment

do not unplug it,you're going to need a 10mm socket ,remove the cruise control unit and the main relay is right behind it .

oh and also a flashlight

Comment

do not unplug it,you're going to need a 10mm socket ,remove the cruise control unit and the main relay is right behind it .
                              i have a dx haha no cruise control so it should be looking at me haha let me check it out right now

lovin every minute of it

Comment

Working...
                              X