Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where is o2 sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sensor Is On The Car.
    wat?

Comment

the person at the shop should have known to put it back on,
      if he didnt and ruined your wiring... HE SHOULD BE RESONSIBLE!

They "the shop" has to fix their mistake dont they ?

:Back In Business...

Comment

lmao , i know i'm not blind .
        i sure did not see any O2 sensor harness

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

it depends on the motor you have.. if you've got the f22a1 or f22a6 your o2 sensor is in the header, right between the header and the radiator. if you've got a f22a4 motor then it would be on the downpipe, between the curve of the downpipe and the flex pipe

Originally posted by Juice21
          thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
          Originally posted by GameChewer
          Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

He had an aftermarket header installed by a mechanic... so it seems he really has NO idea what he has!

This is why taking your car to a mechanic should be a last resort. Do the work yourself, or with help from friends. I learned this the hard way myself. Mechanics, especially when doing modifications (as opposed to familar repairs), don't always do a great job. Some do, some don't. Some care, some don't. Unless you KNOW who you're taking your car to, and you KNOW that they know exactly how to do what you want done... you're better off doing it yourself. You may screw up and take forever, but in the end, it'll be done right.

That's not saying anything bad about mechanics... But a normal "shop on the corner" mechanic that spends his days changing brake pads on grandma's Grand Marquis, and his nights wrenching on his 10 second Mustang, probably doesn't know much, or care much, about a little Honda that rolls into his shop.

My H22 swap was done by a random "fix it" shop... the only one in the area that would take the risk of doing a swap. It's been 6 years, and I'm STILL finding stupid shit that they did wrong!

Comment

lol thanks guys but get this. apparently the mechanic took off my cat and welded on a straight pipe. he failed to mention that he took off the cat and decided to keep it without telling me. so i notice the engine light is on and i check for the o2 sensor and realized it wasnt plugged. i couldnt find the o2 sensor hence the creation of this thread. but i looked under the car and found where the o2 sensor harness is suppose to be and also realized i have no cat. so im going back tomorrow morning since i just dropped off my car for a simple h/e installation and got back a car with no o2 sensor harness or cat anyone else wanna be my mechanic lol?
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155493
              NY

Follow @cb7_society on Instagram

h22 swap fund - $24.95

Comment

ill post pictures tomorrow btw it's dark outside.
                NY

h22 swap fund - $24.95

Comment

Sue the shit out of that mechanic, get all the money he's got... pay me... and I'll... um... pay someone else to be your mechanic, because I kinda suck.

Comment

yo he played you like a sucker , he flat out stole your Cat so he can make money off of it ( used cats are expensive about $125)that's how much he'll sell it for.
                    go back and get your cat reinstall or call the police on them.
                    fucking thieves
                    Last edited by MR.PHIL; 10-14-2009, 12:24 AM.

Comment

lol i may have to take the option...anyone else would be a beter mechanic than him i should have tried to do it myself lol
                      NY

h22 swap fund - $24.95

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
                        yo he played you like a sucker , he flat out stole you Cat so he can make money off of it ( used cats are expensive about $125)that's how much he'll sell it for.
                        go back and get your cat reinstall or call the police on them.
                        fucking thieves
                        i need to weld the cat to my catback. cat is stock and catback is 2.5'' =[
                        NY

h22 swap fund - $24.95

Comment

Removing a cat is against the law. If he did this without your permission, he's putting you at risk of getting a fine. Your car is currently illegal. The precious metals in a catalytic converter, such as platinum, are very valuable.

He also unhooked your o2 sensor, and from the sounds of it, disconnected the harness. That is a necessary sensor to operate your vehicle. One of the most important ones.

If he left an open hole where the sensor should be, that's allowing exhaust gas to be released directly under you. That could be dangerous, even fatal.

Go back and demand he fix things properly. If he won't... I'd call a lawyer, seriously. Put that guy out of business. I'm sure you're not the first one he's taken for a ride...probably just one of the few smart enough to realize that he did something that wasn't right!

Comment

Originally posted by tweezy View Post
                            i need to weld the cat to my catback. cat is stock and catback is 2.5'' =[
                            go there and set it off,tell them they stole your Cat and you want it back or you will call the police .
                            after you get it back,just sell it on the side chi cheng

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
                              go there and set it off,tell them they stole your Cat and you want it back or you will call the police .
                              after you get it back,just sell it on the side chi cheng
                              lol word i should do that. but we'll see how it goes tomorrow . btw why are there no cb7 tuners in long island, ny. i feel im the only one . just a wild thought =/
                              NY

h22 swap fund - $24.95

Comment

I can think of at least 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X