Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what should i got done to my head when i send it to a machine shop build all motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should i got done to my head when i send it to a machine shop build all motor

hey hows everyone i sending my head out to get work done at a machine shop due to blown head gasket and something rattle inside my head while driving what should i get all done to it when they have it im looking to build all motor or possible turbo it but i heard bad things about turbo on the h22a thats what i have jdm so anyhelp thanks sending my head out tommorrow at a local shop thanks agian

Punctuation is the first thing you should have worked on.
    Originally posted by chessboxer
    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
      WOW!

The only thing you need to get done is getting it milled/decked. Everything else is recommended and not necessarily a have to.

Anything else depends on your funds. You could get an 'n (any number)' angle valve job for the valve seats. Port and/or polish is always and option that lets the air/fuel mixture flow smoother and easier as well as the exhaust gases. Even further you could get it degreased or hot tanked, but with patience you could do that yourself.
      Last edited by Straight Success; 10-11-2009, 08:36 PM.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Cannot... Understand.. Learn Engrish.
        -Will

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
          Damn! that was funny.

Once you do everything as stated above, you could also do a valve adjustment.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

My head hurts....cant...unde..rstand....

Comment

I think some people are forgetting that this is the beginners forum...
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

True it is the beginner forums yea they ask questions about things they dont know and will be happy to help them or direct them to people we know that can help them. But how can we help them if they cant type right or pronounce the words right? Sure some of us know the textn language but there are some of us that dont know it or just dont like it. Its more clearer and understandable if its written with sense.
                Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                I think some people are forgetting that this is the beginners forum...

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                  True it is the beginner forums yea they ask questions about things they dont know and will be happy to help them or direct them to people we know that can help them. But how can we help them if they cant type right or pronounce the words right? Sure some of us know the textn language but there are some of us that dont know it or just dont like it. Its more clearer and understandable if its written with sense.
                  true. and punctiuation helps too lol

Comment

The only information given in this thread about the question at hand is false... You don't want to mill your head unnecessarily. Have the minimum amount of material taken off the mating surface as possible.

Are you just having it refreshed, or are you building it for performance. If you're not sure what you want to do in terms of turbo or NA, make up your mind before having your head worked on.

And please... show some respect to those you are asking for help. 10 people have replied, 2 of which have actually attempted to help you. All 10 of those people would've offered some useful information if they could understand you. If you want us to make the effort to share our knowledge with you, please show proper respect in making the effort to type your question so we can read it!

I'm seriously going to just start banning people that can't type coherent statements. They're bad enough when they're asking for help... but once they start GIVING help, it could result in people damaging their cars because the help they got wasn't clear!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      The only information given in this thread about the question at hand is false... You don't want to mill your head unnecessarily. Have the minimum amount of material taken off the mating surface as possible.
                      If you were referring to what I posted, I did not only use the term milled. I included 'decked', which I was under the assumption that when you have just a minimal amount of material taken off the bottom of the head or the top of the block to completely even out the surface to ensure that the head and block properly seat once assembled again is 'decking'.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Milling and decking are pretty much the same thing, to my knowledge. Decking is usually done to the block, while milling is the head. Both involve shaving material off. If the head is warped, then it's necessary... and it should be done as little as possible. If it is not warped, then it should not be done. Shaving material off will change valve timing. It will increase compression, but there are better ways to do that. High compression pistons are the best way. If you want to get truly extreme, you can add material to the combustion chambers and totally rework them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Milling and decking are pretty much the same thing, to my knowledge. Decking is usually done to the block, while milling is the head. Both involve shaving material off. If the head is warped, then it's necessary... and it should be done as little as possible. If it is not warped, then it should not be done. Shaving material off will change valve timing. It will increase compression, but there are better ways to do that. High compression pistons are the best way. If you want to get truly extreme, you can add material to the combustion chambers and totally rework them.
                          Very true. At least that's what they told me when I went to the machine shop in Broomall, Pa. They do machining work for the Ferrari dealership that I worked at. I always kept in touch with them because a year ago while @ Ferrari I knew that was going to be the shop that would do my H22A head work.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Also, on another note, as an engineering major you learn things about metals and materials, especially materials engineering. There are ripples called cold wells that form when metals get heated and cooled over long periods of time. To the naked eye, a surface may seem perfectly smooth; however, we learn about things such as cold welling, warping, and other stuff. Hence why I said milling/decking. That is highly recommended by any machine shop when performing almost any type of block head work. Most machines shops know the threshold for removing material for certain heads without interfering with everyday operation.
                            Last edited by Straight Success; 10-12-2009, 12:46 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

dont forget Take inside bro the hat of car and when building the hat bro can has get valve change . If money aloows can porting bro adding flows mabbe get your silindars bro hoed out and check othar thing .

aowokkwwo, BRO owkowito;a'tg0v. Do that too.

Handle on valve cover for easy lifting!

Here's a link that might be of help to you.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5083916AANbIBf

Comment

Working...
                              X