Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

why am i shootin oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why am i shootin oil?

as the title states, im shooting oil... the location of this is uhm well, on the valve cover there are two holes, one to the manifold and the other one to the intake, well im shooting it thru the one that leads to the intake.... any ideas why is it doing it?

Not tight enough? Maybe the nut grommet is shot.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I had that same problem, and it was my nut grommet. I just bought a new valve cover gasket and it came with new grommets and whatnot, I paid like less than $10 at Advance Auto.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
      White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

my bad but wats a nut grommet? if u have pics that would be a plus to my knowledge

Comment

It's the small black pieces that goes on before the gold valve cover nuts.
          [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

a nut grommet is a little rubber washer/seal with a metal cap on it (to bear the pressure of the nut) than goes on the bolt before you tighten the nut. It seals the valve cover hole shut when the nut is tightened.

Comment

i think his talking about the breather i had the same problem in one of my hatch i use to have it would actually end up with oil in my intake i never got it fix so some one please help him...

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                a nut grommet is a little rubber washer/seal with a metal cap on it \
                All I thought about was a men's cup. Only flat.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                  All I thought about was a men's cup. Only flat.
                  lol that is funny

Comment

Your getting blowby its normal when you get a little bit of oil out liek that it happens when the motor has to vent through the crankcase pressure.

WHAT IS BLOW-BY?
                    What is Blow-by?
                    Blow-by occurs when the explosion that occurs in your engine's combustion chamber causes fuel, air and moisture to be forced past the rings into the crankcase. Your engine's rings must maintain an excellent fit in order to contain the pressure.
                    The causes of blow-by: wear, soot and deposits
                    As rings and cylinder liners wear away they are less capable of maintaining this seal. Consequently as a car ages the amount of blow-by that occurs can increase.
                    Soot and deposits left over from incomplete combustion that collect on the rings can also inhibit their seal worsening blow-by.
                    The effects of blow-by: loss of horsepower and oil contamination and dilution
                    Blow-by inhibits performance because it results in a loss of compression. When the expanding gases slip past the rings they cannot as effectively push the piston down and make the vehicle go. As a result the car will have less horsepower. This also results in a loss of fuel economy.
                    When the fuel, air and moisture slip into the crankcase they contaminate and dilute the oil in the crankcase.

Among the many gasses in your compression chamber are unburned fuel, moisture, sulfur dioxide and soot. Once these gasses slip into your crankcase they can dilute into your engine causing great damage.

The detergents and Molybdenum Disulfide work together to clean the soot and deposits off of your rings allowing them to better seal the combustion chamber. AKA seafoam ring a bell????
                    The Moly fills the crevices in the cylinder walls providing a better seal:

I looked it up. As the engine overtime gets worn it causes this. As long as it doesnt get too worn to a point where your smoking its normal. If your that concerned about it get a catchcan a good one.

If you check that its doing too much of this like your air filter completely soaked like someone dipped it in oil, then you got a serious problem.

Comment

i kind of meant to write all that but im a little tired but wat he said lol i had no clue...

Comment

could have just copy/pasted like he did.

Comment

yeah he beat me to it probly next time...

Comment

Working...
                          X