Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

where oh where is my power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where oh where is my power?

so my h22a4 swap is done (or at least i think it is) all thats left to do is wire my vtec
    i drive it around and stuff now but i just dont feel like its as fast as it should be
    i have tried smashin around a little but my car like cuts out at around 6.5k
    i dont really know why its doing that and it feels sluggish and slower then the old f22
    so i was wondering if vtec not being hooked up is making it seem so slow
    also im going to do a compression test this week and i have no idea what numbers im going to want to see

im not to sure about the h22's but i know the vtec for them kicks in around 5.3 or 5.5 rpm so that is probably why its cutting out...

Comment

he hasnt hooked up Vtec yet.

Comment

Don't stress bro. I finished my H22a4 swap a couple months ago and I absolutely love it!
        My ECU was getting a new basemap, so I didn't have VTEC for the first couple weeks. During this time, I did feel that it was a bit sluggish, but it still pulled harder than the F22a6.
        After I got VTEC going on a chipped p06...well, I am in love; that's all I can say! You will see what I mean once you get your VTEC wired up; you just need to experience it.

As for cutting out around 6.5k, I would check your distributor and other ignition components. I had a couple distributor and coil issues after the swap that made it do such things that you speak of, but around 4k instead.
        1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
        _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

could it be that i have the wrong dizzy?
          i tried it out then bought it when my car started with it
          i never checked to see if it ran good with it cause i had the wrong injectors at the time
          so does it have to be a curitain one? cause i have an exturnal coil one

Comment

VTEC hasnt kicked in yet y0!!!11!!1

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The non-VTEC cam lobes don't make power above the VTEC range... so it will be sluggish after 5k.

Don't beat on it until it's completely installed. You might break something.

Also, have you done a compression test to make sure the motor is healthy? It might be a tired motor...

Comment

would no vtec make it cut out so soon? cause i was told that my jdm p13 redlines at 8.2k
                compression test tommorrow i will post numbers

Comment

It's quite possible. The ECU doesn't know what to do with those lobes at that RPM.

Comment

ok so i have vtec half wired up..
                    what holes do the wires plug into the ecu at?

Comment

there is a DIY for that......

you should have done a compression test BEFORE putting into your car.

You should get a chipped Po6 ECU. What ecu are you running?

Comment

i have a jdm p13

Comment

Comment

no vtec is like having a f22.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Hmm... you put a new engine in and didn't completely install it. Not to be a jerk, but what do you think is the problem? Try finishing the job before asking why it doesn't work.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X