Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Looking for Advice on Doing an Egine Swap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Advice on Doing an Egine Swap???

Currently I have a 93 Honda Accord Ex (coupe) and I want to substantially increase my horsepower and torque. I've been doing some online research and reading some of the forums on here but none answer my questions concretely. I've looked at various engines, online, and looked at the H22A (for the prelude) but I'm not sure if that's the best engine I can put into my car. My car is currently an automatic and I don't know if I should switch it to a manual either. I've heard that automatics hold more boost but I'm not sure if this is true for all vehicles/models. Well, I'd appreciate any advice you all may give me. I'm looking to spend no more than 5g's into the engine, suspension, and tires. However, I'd predominately would like to invest the majority into the engine. The other thing I'm curious about is something my friend mentioned and that I read online. I compared my engine to the H22A and I think all I would have to do is change the head but I'm not sure. If all I would need to do is change the head what is a reputable business where I may order the part(s). I currently reside in San Antonio, Texas and don't know if I should look around at a junk yard or buy it from a shop. Well thanks guys/gals. Hope you all can give me some leads on where to start reading and shops/magazines to look over.

Swap info:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39834
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8873

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by 93HONDAEX View Post
      Currently I have a 93 Honda Accord Ex (coupe) and I want to substantially increase my horsepower and torque.
      What sort of HP/Tq numbers are you looking to acheive?

If you want a substantial increase you could turbo the F for a similar price to an H swap.
      Although the H swap can be done a bit easier and doesn't take as long to complete, the gains from a Turbo F are better.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Turbo the F man. its a great engine and can hold a good amount of boost.

Comment

Thanks for the links/info all. I'm looking to make my accord as mean and powerful as possible. So I have no desired numbers in torque or horsepower except for maximal attainment. I'm going to do some more research on my engine and see how to make my car turbo. Do you all know of any links that sell 93 Honda parts (to make the F a turbo etc.)? Most of the site I've looked at have Civic parts and a small amount for my year?

Comment

The F22A in your car now is every bit as potent as any other reasonable swap. The H22 is nice right out of the box.

Really, those are the only two motors I'd ever consider myself, unless I found a GREAT deal on something else and I needed an engine.

Comment

I'm curious to know what's so special about the Bisimot F22ax header? Most people are saying its a good deal but at the same time I'm reading that the gains are only substantial if other mods are done. I also can't read dyno charts at the moment so if someone could break that down in latent terms I'd appreciate it. So is the F22ax better than the H22a engine swap? There are just so many options out there, I don't know which one to focus on and do. To let you all know, I want my car to be a sleeper but have maximal horsepower. I'd like to put in as much money as it will take to get the best engine and accessories under the hood of my car. I want to spend no more than 5g's but have 10g's saved up to get the best. In addition, does anyone know how to get sponors for our cars? If so do you all think I could get sponsored?

Comment

The Bisimoto header produced 27 horsepower at the wheels on a bone stock F22A1. Stock intake and stock exhaust. No other single bolt-on part can even come close to that. All other header options on a bone stock F22A1 would add maybe 5-8whp... if that.

The F22A and H22A are both great options. You already have the F22A, which is a plus. All your money can go to upgrading it, rather than spending a significant chunk just on obtaining it. The most powerful NA F22A is currently more powerful than the most powerful NA H22A.

If you spend smart and put that 10g's into your car, you will find a sponsor. Just call around to companies and ask if they offer sponsorships... and ask what is involved.

Do your reasearch. Don't take anyone's word for anything... understand EXACTLY what you're doing with each part you buy. Don't get sidetracked. Make a detailed plan before you buy anything, or you'll find that you're wasting your money on unnecessary parts.

Check out HondaFan81's "white" project if you want some good ideas. He is the perfect example of someone that is focused, and plans ahead. His car shows it. He probably has the most powerful NA F22A in a CB7 right now... at least on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                X