Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Installing PT6 for butter flys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing PT6 for butter flys

I ordered a PT6 ECU for my F22a6
    I have the PT3 right now running my F22a6
    wondering problems im going to encounter or fairly easy proj. plug n play or do i have to add a wire ?
    main goal getting ECU to run Butter fly valves for INT. please reply anyone that has had to do this already,
    Info. i have the full F22A6 Intake with TPS, IAB, diaphram hooked to the secondary runners, I was told all i need is the ECU so hopefully this is the CASE...please tell me this is plug n play and no modding to the harness probably tho b/c my harness is a 91 LX so the ECU prolly didnt come with the wire for the control box for the secondary runners well anyways someone help an get back at me ~!~PEACE~!~ ttyl
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
    Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

why do you want butterflies?

most with them delete them

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

because they are partly responsible for the increased hp vs a1

Only reason to delete them is if you have some extensive intake/exhaust mods which result in the low end / high end gains by having the valves is less than not having them. I would think on a stocker it would be best to leave 'em haven't seen anyone prove hp/torque is better throughout with them deleted on a stock engine.

Seems most who delete are boosted or have some cam mods and machining of the intake mods.
      ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
        because they are partly responsible for the increased hp vs a1

Only reason to delete them is if you have some extensive intake/exhaust mods which result in the low end / high end gains by having the valves is less than not having them. I would think on a stocker it would be best to leave 'em haven't seen anyone prove hp/torque is better throughout with them deleted on a stock engine.

Seems most who delete are boosted or have some cam mods and machining of the intake mods.
        either way flow should be better up top with no interruption no?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

you would have to compare a dyno of an all stock a6 with the valves in place and operating with one with the valves removed.

I don't think the higher rpm's will benefit much in that comparison. The valves all the way open shouldn't really have too much of a negative impact...but I'm sure they could effect flow.

A third comparison of a gutted and honed out IAB plate...or with the middle plate basically just a metal spacer...but that's kinda extreme and once you go that far you should have some other more serious intake mods.

Seems unless you have that done, just leave 'em operating
          Last edited by bcjammerx; 10-04-2009, 12:30 AM.
          ____

Comment

lol since no one answered his question...

Yes, it should be plug and play.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
            I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

wow...yeah...fail...thanks for picking up the ball
              ____

Comment

I'm pretty sure you'll have to add a wire for the iab selinoid that allows the iabs to open.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                "The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by T-Clyde
                  by butterflies, do you mean a variable intake system? similar to the legend c32

if so, the main purpose is to interrupt airflow at lower RPMS, making the engine have to "suck" harder (remember an engine is basically an air pump) and this can increase tq through the bottom end, the legend has a 2 stage V.I.S. system that when the second stage opens, you can really hear AND feel the increase in top end power.

personally i'm a fan of tq, not peak HP as i will hardly use it in high rpms.

again, i'm not familiar with the butterflies in an accord motor, i'm a pure f22 noob, i just know i've got "the good one" (90ex), i'm also no mechanic, i understand a few basics, but am not, nor will i ever claim to be an engine builder.
                  Actually, the motor in your 90 EX is pretty much the same as the one in the LX and DX. The only difference is your tubular exhaust manifold. (F22A1 is the LX/DX, F22A4 is what you have... with that one difference). The F22A6 is the 91 and 93 SE motor, and more commonly, the 92-93 EX motor. That's the "good one" in the US models. It's also the one that has the "butterflies", which is the IAB system. It is electronically controlled, though it can be made to work on vacuum. It increases low RPM power, and then opens up later on, to increase high RPM airflow. The H22 and H23 also have it.

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure you'll have to add a wire for the iab selinoid that allows the iabs to open.
                    and run the vacuum to it

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                      and run the vacuum to it
                      I would hope he would have the common sense to do that as well.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                      "The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

comp. was down for a day

Wow Well my brother in law didnt swap the PT6 out of the 93 when he swapped the engines, So i got my PT6 yesterday in the mail went down and swithced them and man ! the powerband was comparably different then the PT3 i think. with the iab's running again.
                        I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
                        My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
                        Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Comment

Working...
                        X