Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Launching in an auto?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launching in an auto?

i was just curious how do any of yall get a good launch with an auto. i dont wanna neutral drop too much, but that seems to work best. any suggestions?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155493
    NY

Follow @cb7_society on Instagram

h22 swap fund - $24.95

brake launch....keep the car in drive, while holding down the brake fully rev the engine, then when your ready to go, let go of the brakes and fully press down on the gas.
    Dragnskull <3 Tacit says:
    *i dont understand how people can even work on these piecse of shit
    Dragnskull <3 Tacit says:
    *theyre the emachines of cars
    Leefhead says:
    *that sums up GM in a single sentence

Comment

hold brake, rev engine to 1500...hold, let off brake, hammer it.
      this si how i raced my gp se, and ran my best e/ts

Comment

Originally posted by tweezy View Post
        i was just curious how do any of yall get a good launch with an auto. i dont wanna neutral drop too much, but that seems to work best. any suggestions?
        i just press the brake pedal all they way down, and rev the engine to 2500 rpms then let off and floor it all the way down, thats the perfect launch and the safest, more than 2500 rpm your engine will shake for the launch and might destroy your gear box.

your tires might spin quite a bit though
        i wouldn't shift down from neutral, it feels like im gonna break the tranny.

check out this vid. launching at 2500rpms

Last edited by jmolina; 10-03-2009, 06:13 PM.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Neutral dropping will destroy your transmission VERY quickly. The automatics in our cars are often in poor condition by the time we get them anyway, because people don't properly maintain them (regular fluid changes with Honda fluid are a must... most don't change it, or if they do, they put in something cheaper)

As the others have said, brake launch. Practice with it to see what works best for you.

Comment

I have had my 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6 (C27A4) since 2002 and dropped it from a neutral rev for the first time the other day. It was scary, it sounded like someone took a sledge hammer and hit the side of my car; stock, my car runs 168.9 ft-lbs of torque. I will not be doing that again.
            1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
            C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
            MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
            ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
            You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Neutral dropping will destroy your transmission VERY quickly. The automatics in our cars are often in poor condition by the time we get them anyway, because people don't properly maintain them (regular fluid changes with Honda fluid are a must... most don't change it, or if they do, they put in something cheaper)

As the others have said, brake launch. Practice with it to see what works best for you.

i agree, dropping from neutral will destroy your tranny, i did that once and will never do it again

Comment

thanks guys. ill try that as soon as it stops raining
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155493
                NY

Follow @cb7_society on Instagram

h22 swap fund - $24.95

Comment

Be careful on wet roads... don't crash!

Comment

Just like everyone else has said, do not drop down into drive from neutral for a launch, this is the quickest and easiest way to destroy an auto tranny. However, holding the brake and revving up to 2500 rpms like mentioned before is the best way to accomplish the launch you want.

Comment

I'm assuming that is where torque converters with high stall speed come into play? So you can rev higher for a launch?

I'm pretty much a noob with automatics. I've actually never driven an automatic CB!

Comment

Yeah, very true. My last automatic was an 02 GTP. It had transmission issues early on (I got it with 48k on it). It just wasn't as fun to drive. I traded it in for a manual 09 Fit with half the power, and that little spaceship is MUCH more fun!

Comment

if you put it in 1st(D1), you wont have to much worry about holding the brake unless you want to.

put it in D1 tho. ive ALWAYS put in D1 when i was taking off from a stop. and surprised a CRAP load of people too. lol.

Comment

It starts in 1st gear in D... D1 just holds it there.

Comment

i've heard when in 1 gear the car thinks its pulling a load, and automatically adds more power to the wheels.

if its wrong, for what reason did honda designed the auto to be 1 2 D3 D4

Comment

Working...
                              X