Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help with roters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with roters!

so my brakes started going bad so i went and bought new front roters and pads and then i ran into so problems i cant seem to get my roters off i mean i took the 36mm axle bolt off but it just wont budge. Please help!

You need a quality breaker bar. Then get a 4-5 foot pipe that will fit over the breaker bar. This should give you enough leverage to break the nut.

The last time i replaced my driveshafts i had to jump on a 5 foot breaker bar to break mine loose.

Comment

^^^ he already took the nut off

you need to buy/rent a slide hammer kit to take your rotors off.
      Hold On Not Done Accelerating
      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

i used an impact driver to get the rotor screws of

Comment

Ok, now that you have the 36mm nut off, your best bet is to remove the entire knuckle assembly. That consist of seperating the knuckle from the upper and lower ball joints and outer tie rod. Once you have those items out of your way, the knucke will be completly seperated from the car. Look on the back of the knuckle, there are 4 12 point bolts that keeps the hub bearing in place. Remove those 4 bolts and you are good. Oh yeah, on the front of the rotor are 4 14mm bolts. they have to come out too. Be careful not to strip them because they are very soft bolts and they can be stripped easily. There are plenty of threads about this topic. Search around and you will have even more details about this topic.

Comment

Did you remove the 4 bolts holding the Wheel bearing/hub assembly to the knuckle?

Comment

i'm having a the same problem. i've got the whole knuckle off, the four 12 point bolts on the back off, i'm using a five pound slide hammer and i can't get that SOB off.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                i'm having a the same problem. i've got the whole knuckle off, the four 12 point bolts on the back off, i'm using a five pound slide hammer and i can't get that SOB off.
                Keep slamming it. How hard it is to remove depends on the amount of rust you have.
                1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
                C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
                MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
                ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
                You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Ok this is not as hard of a job as some would make it to be. I would not use a slide hammer to pull the hub - bearing out of the steering knuckle you run the risk of separating the bearing from the hub. they are pressed together and not something you can fix with simple hand tools. Here is what you do. take the 4 bolts on the back of the knuckle out, take one of them to your local hardware store and get 4 matching ones that are about 2 or 3 inches longer. Thread the longer bolts in the knuckle. in a star pattern liberally hit them with a deadblow hammer or equivalent until the hub - bearing and rotor come out. you can do all this with the knuckle on the car.this works every time.
                  Last edited by vh22accord; 09-30-2009, 09:39 PM.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by vh22accord View Post
                    Ok this is not as hard of a job as some would make it to be. I would not use a slide hammer to pull the hub - bearing out of the steering knuckle you run the risk of separating the bearing from the hub. they are pressed together and not something you can fix with simple hand tools. Here is what you do. take the 4 bolts on the back of the knuckle out, take one of them to your local hardware store and get 4 matching ones that are about 2 or 3 inches longer. Thread the longer bolts in the knuckle. in a star pattern liberally hit them with a deadblow hammer or equivalent until the hub - bearing and rotor come out. this works every time.
                    This sounds like a good idea. Never thought of doing that before!
                    MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

Originally posted by vh22accord View Post
                      Ok this is not as hard of a job as some would make it to be. I would not use a slide hammer to pull the hub - bearing out of the steering knuckle you run the risk of separating the bearing from the hub. they are pressed together and not something you can fix with simple hand tools. Here is what you do. take the 4 bolts on the back of the knuckle out, take one of them to your local hardware store and get 4 matching ones that are about 2 or 3 inches longer. Thread the longer bolts in the knuckle. in a star pattern liberally hit them with a deadblow hammer or equivalent until the hub - bearing and rotor come out. you can do all this with the knuckle on the car.this works every time.
                      thanks im gonna try this. i appriciate all the help guys!

Comment

it's ok if i break my old bearings because i'm going ROH. I just want to free the old ones so i can bolt on the new wheel bearings and hub.

Comment

http://hondalover11279.tripod.com/rotorremoval.html

easiest way for me was to get an offset 10mm wrench and unscrew the back bolts from thehub. they USUALLY come out but if not the link above shows a great way of taking them out. I personally used a 3 pound hammer on the bolts and it came out.

use pb blaster and soak if its really stubborn
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

There are at least 2 detailed DIYs for rotor removal in the DIY section of this site.

www.TASauto.com offers a complete rotor-over-hub conversion, so you'll never have this difficult job to do again. The rotors will come off easily with that conversion.

Comment

don't forget to regrease! you can't have too much in this case

uhh are you from the 303?

Be Clean

Comment

Working...
                              X