Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone use RDX 410cc injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use RDX 410cc injectors?

I am slowly building my turbo setup and I already have DSM blue top 450cc injectors but I am thinking about ditching them for some rdx 410cc injectors. anyone have any input? thanks.

They're OBD2 injectors. You'd need to wire properly for them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      They're OBD2 injectors. You'd need to wire properly for them.
      Is that the only difference?

Comment

I'm sure there are quite a few differences. I'm not all that familiar with the RDX injectors. They are designed for two completely different engines, and you are intending to use them on a third completely different engine.

Comment

Well I've seen a thread with someone who used it on an H22. so theoretically It would work. Just wanted to see if anyone had actual esperience with them. Thanks for your help though.

Comment

If they've been used on an H22, then yes, it should work. I mean, an injector is an injector... they squirt fuel. But you need to be able to wire them correctly so they can be controlled properly.

If you've seen it used on an H22, your best bet would be to contact the person that did it and ask them. The RDX is still quite new, which means the injectors are probably still pretty pricey. Most people that want something other than DSM injectors just buy new aftermarket ones.

Comment

the honda-tech guy's are using them and say there is a big benefit for turbo because of the conical spray.

im tempted especially since they only retail for 50-60 per pop?

edit: 37 bucks a pop.
              16450-RWC-A01 from acura oem parts
              Last edited by wed3k; 09-28-2009, 09:46 PM.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Seriously? Wow... I expected them to be insanely expensive, like most OEM parts. Especially new ones!
                Ok, I can justify that, if they can be had that cheap. That's less than $160 for a brand new set of injectors. Only good for low boost... but on a stock-block turbo setup, that's fine. DSM injectors go for $75-$100 usually, and they're usually just about as old as the engines they're going into!

How the hell is a fuel injector for a pretty much brand new TURBO vehicle (which is very uncommon to see from Honda) only $37, and something like... oh, I dunno... an EXTREMELY common throwout bearing for an Accord/Prelude runs nearly $60? (I paid like $40 for my throwout bearing with Richie's discount!)

Comment

i paid $175 for my rdx injectors. for some reason or another alot of new oem acura parts are cheap. helps out when you are trying to do an oem budget build.
                  MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Seriously? Wow... I expected them to be insanely expensive, like most OEM parts. Especially new ones!
                    Ok, I can justify that, if they can be had that cheap. That's less than $160 for a brand new set of injectors. Only good for low boost... but on a stock-block turbo setup, that's fine. DSM injectors go for $75-$100 usually, and they're usually just about as old as the engines they're going into!

How the hell is a fuel injector for a pretty much brand new TURBO vehicle (which is very uncommon to see from Honda) only $37, and something like... oh, I dunno... an EXTREMELY common throwout bearing for an Accord/Prelude runs nearly $60? (I paid like $40 for my throwout bearing with Richie's discount!)
                    idk but i really want to test these out and test the duty cycle on it. i dont want to hack my harness up so i should just make some connectors. I am, after all, in a electrical class for automotive this year.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

oneoffaccord just posted a thread asking about OBD2 injectors... apparently there are conversion harnesses.

Are we still in the OBD2 era? Or are these new things something else?

Comment

where's that thread, i cant find it.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Swaps, I think? It's regarding an H23 VTEC

Comment

lemme know if you figure it out. imma run these on my turbo project if I can

Comment

If your going to use them for your dsm project, you should get 450's instead.
                              The 450's are close to their limit at 10-12psi, so going smaller than that will limit your ability to make power safely, and increase injector duty cycle.

To be safe with injectors I wouldn't personally run them past 85-90% duty.
                              Last thing you want is an injector running at 100% duty then getting a boost spike, or unaccounted temperature change.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X