Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

top of the line short shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top of the line short shifter?

I was driving my friends civic coupe around (ls swap) and he had a short shifter installed (not one of those fake me out shorter stick shifts but an actual short throw shifter) and I fell in love! I didn't think to ask him where he got it or what brand it was.

Any ideas on a top of the line short throw shifter would be greatly appreciated
    IF, implies a possibility.

If you're talking about one for a cb then you can go to Lowes and spend somewhere around 5-8 dollars and make a bracket yourself to raise the shifter cables. That's all you're really doing anyways. Some of them make the shifter itself vertically lower which you could also do youself. They really don't make one anymore for a cb though as far as I know. There used to be a few being sold around here but they seem to be harder and harder to find. I think one was called a p-spec and another was a forbidden. You can take one out of a prelude and use it too.

Comment

To be quite honest I like the DIY idea better!

This should be fun.

But of course if i can find one of those brand name products I'll probably just take it as a model.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

The only TRUE short throw shifters were made by PSpec and Forbidden.
        Both are now discontinued and not sold anywhere.
        A little while ago there was a group buy to get the last 6 Pspec Short shifters in existance for the Cb7.
        Forbidden still makes the 94-97 shifter.

http://www.forbiddenmotorsports.com/...car=9497accord

Another option is the Neuspeed adapters, relocates cable attachment to shorten throw.

Last option is the YeaMans short shifter, a member of this site.
        You send him your shifter and bucket.
        Not sure if hes still offering that service anymore.

Comment

I'm checking the sites for these two brands and they both have products for Preludes but none for Accords..would they fit anyway?

Comment

PSPEC is the only one that ever made a true CB7 shifter. The Forbidden was a Prelude shifter, which works with some modification.

The cable system used in our cars generally results in notchy shifting when you shorten the throw. I have a short shifter, and I returned my shift point to the stock location.

Yeamans17 is no longer a member of this site, his account no longer exists. Before he was deleted, he stopped making shifters for people.

Comment

Deevergote: are you like, a CB7 God? lol
              I'm just interested in the quick response I get from having a short throw. If there is any modding necessary for sticking a Prelude shifter in my CB, what would the rating be in difficulty from 1-10? I'm always up for a project/learning experience.

Forbidden also makes one for the 94-97 Accord (CD5?)..would that model be any better?

Comment

??

Originally posted by JDM AlEXiTO View Post
                Deevergote: are you like, a CB7 God? lol
                I'm just interested in the quick response I get from having a short throw. If there is any modding necessary for sticking a Prelude shifter in my CB, what would the rating be in difficulty from 1-10? I'm always up for a project/learning experience.

Forbidden also makes one for the 94-97 Accord (CD5?)..would that model be any better?
                how much does the one for the cd5 cost?
                Time to Fix it Up

Comment

I have a shifter from a 92 to 95 Prelude in my car, I love it. The overall height is a little shorter, the throw is shorter. And it's nice and smooth

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                    I have a shifter from a 92 to 95 Prelude in my car, I love it. The overall height is a little shorter, the throw is shorter. And it's nice and smooth
                    So it's possible? That's cool, I'll look into it.

and jeaa the cd5 shifter is $130 from forbidden and $200 from pspec.

Comment

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...410&lpage=none

Get that piece in the link and then get some grade 8 bolts with a lock nut. It's like 6 bucks or so from Lowes. That's the cheapest option anyways. I'd personally rather have one of the pspec or forbidden shifters but i'm poor. Anyways that's what you need for the DIY shifter. I took a dremel tool to the piece that sticks out on the side and cut it off.

Comment

I believe my friend tried a stock CD shifter in his CB, and he said it worked just fine. The CD Forbidden shifter would probably work... though I can't guarantee it.

Comment

Well, the DIY sounds doable. Not a bad project.

Money isn't much of an issue so I'm gonna go ahead and get the DIY parts and make a decision between the Forbidden or Pspec CD shifter and just see which one feels better to me.

If I end up not liking the name brand shifter I'll go ahead and sell it back off to anybody who is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM AlEXiTO View Post
                            Well, the DIY sounds doable. Not a bad project.

Money isn't much of an issue so I'm gonna go ahead and get the DIY parts and make a decision between the Forbidden or Pspec CD shifter and just see which one feels better to me.

If I end up not liking the name brand shifter I'll go ahead and sell it back off to anybody who is interested.
                            My birthday is comming up....hint hint.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                              My birthday is comming up....hint hint.
                              ^haha, how old are you gonna be?

Comment

Working...
                              X