Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

White smoke WTF????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White smoke WTF????

Ok, so this mornin I got up with the intention of droppin the ass end of my cb (90ex f22a4 5spd)but when I cranked her up WTF..... White smoke!! The car has only been sittin for about a month undriven but it is weekly cranked and ran for about 20 mins with a few revs here and there. Before the car sat for about 3mo and it never smoked. It ran perfect no knocks no pings or stutters. Keep in mind the 250k odometer. I removed the valve cover and plugs. No.3 had oil on it and in the wire boot, Cleaned the plug in gas and plug wall. My ? is WTF is up with the White Smoke... and the cb is N/A as fuck. But in order to start what I finished I dropped the ass end anyway 2" in the front and 2.5 in the back very even look now need the legend lip. PIX COMIN SOON as kids find my digi cam.

K.I.D.S killin faster than A.I.D.S but love em in spite of it all.

it might just need to run for a while. start it up and just let it idle for a bit.
    90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

White smoke is coolant. You may have a head gasket issue.

Comment

Ive checked the oil and its not milky or frothy. My Girl was the last one to drive it and she changed the oil<I know right but she said that she used 20 30 & 40 weight to fill it back up would that have anything to do with it??? And when u crank it the oil light comes on for about 45 sec and then goes off WTF?? Is that the sign of a problem or is that cuz the oil is too heavy? Now keep in mind that the oil light has never done this before. Kinda scared me for a sec. Help DEEV any one just help...Got money now so finna do it to it..

Comment

If you're concerned about the oil, change it again with the proper stuff. I'm not sure that a heavier oil would cause problems, but it wouldn't hurt to change it.

It's possible that you're just seeing steam, unless you're seeing a thick cloud of smoke. I know when a car has been sitting for a while, you start to notice things that you didn't notice before. Things that may not be abnormal, but since you're expecting something to be wrong, you assume the worst. I'll be going through this soon... when I finally get my car back on the road.

Comment

Working...
          X