Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmission Cracked (Pics inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Cracked (Pics inside)

First off, im at a red light, light turns green shift to 1st gear, not sure what happened but i heard a very big crack sound come from under the hood and in my mind im jus like (o god not again)

i pull over, open the hood, looked around couple times and i notice the cv axle completelly snapped off and part of it was still in the transmission

so im thinking to myself, hey whatever its koo ill just get that fixed,

next day i bring it to my mechanic so he can fix it for me, after the process of him taking out the passanger side tire, just to find out that not only did my axle snap but so did my transmission.. :-\

This is where my Cb7 journey ends.

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
    First off, im at a red light, light turns green shift to 1st gear, not sure what happened but i heard a very big crack sound come from under the hood and in my mind im jus like (o god not again)

i pull over, open the hood, looked around couple times and i notice the cv axle completelly snapped off and part of it was still in the transmission

so im thinking to myself, hey whatever its koo ill just get that fixed,

next day i bring it to my mechanic so he can fix it for me, after the process of him taking out the passanger side tire, just to find out that not only did my axle snap but so did my transmission.. :-\

This is where my Cb7 journey ends.

Holy fuck bro that sucks so bad. How did the tranny snap too? I can see it in the second pic.

Buy a new tranny(If you gots the money) dont let the tranny bring you down =/

Comment

get a junkyard tranny. and you'll be back on the road.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

so the axle went out and took out the tranny? or visa verse?
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          That's what im guessing but if the cv axle snapped there really wouldn't be anything to make that big of a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            both cracked at the same time, dont know how they managed to double team me so good but it worked :-/

me: "o boy, more money on repairs"
            car: "lets see you fix us now fucker > : )"
            Last edited by DrSzSoLDIeR; 09-27-2009, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Holy shit in a handbasket! Thats effin insane! Wheres the missing piece of the trans casing? JB-Weld it back together? j/k

Anyways, I'd look at this as an opportunity to throw in a h22/h23 trans! Either way good luck with whatever route you do go!
              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

car: "lets see you fix us now fucker > : )"
                sorry I lol'd at that...I feel you
                ____

Comment

You diddn't notice a big pool of oil under the car afterwards???

Throw in another box, and you'll be good to go

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    You diddn't notice a big pool of oil under the car afterwards???

Throw in another box, and you'll be good to go
                    lol yea i did see that pool, lucky i didnt have it cause any accidents

Comment

lol yea i did see that pool, lucky i didnt have it cause any accidents
                      did the city come and sand down the mess? i remember i was exiting the free i was wondering why it was traffic on the exit then when i reach the light someones oil filter pop out and spilled oil on the road so every car exiting had to merge into one lane and the city was putting sand on the oil.

Comment

Looks like the CV snapped and hit the tranny so hard it popped a nice hole in it.
                        If you could find the piece that fell off the tranny, you should put together with some nuclear JB weld and put it back together.
                        Better than no car
                        Your man for wiring solutions!
                        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

im more on the side of getting a new car, might take me about 3 months or so but ill manage till then to get me something nice ...but the cb was definetely a nice ride while it lasted

Comment

Wow, that is messed up. You should totally just get another tranny. Or part out the cb
                            Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

You should check the classifieds. I know a couple people selling trans. As local as NJ.

Your mechanic shouldnt charge you that much if you just bring him the trans to install it.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X